People are really hurting in Arizona! There are people drilling holes in gas tanks on cars. There are people losing their homes right and left or selling them for ridiclas prices. I am watching one friend who owns two homes loose them both!

In Tucson, an area of about a million plus, we are a resort town with no real commerce. This is a city of world class resorts and golf courses.

There is a cut back in the amount of money that those who would come here and enjoy such things, /AND, it's 111 degrees, so many here who live of tourists are getting hurt very badly. The housing market here is a major problem.

Crime is up, street crime and the sort of personal crime where people are mugged for money.

I and my husband can and are, well, semi retired. We have had enough money, thank God, to live on from our previous careers so we do not have to rely on a job. If we did, Tucson would have booted us out as it is others.

The University of Arizona here is still strong and will stay so. It will employ, as usual, those that it employs.
But...
Yes, it so sad to see the people who relied on that paycheck month to month go under and loose their homes!

Good topic!

Dancer

"Question your privilege"