Its getting rough. Yet, the government is eating well! Not only well, but much better than most of the USA!

Why are we paying for their meals? Supreme Court Justices are eating $15 salads for lunch and say they're roughing it; whereas, I'm lucky if I find something for around $5 or brown bag it.

Local lumbar company is closing b/c housing market slump. Over 160 people have already or will lose their jobs.

My step-dad has not been paid for over 6 weeks and parents living on savings. They may apply for SS soon and work part time jobs. (Yet, he has heart condition)

So very worried -- people are living on credit cards. Wal-Mart was virtually empty last night.

Neighbors are selling home (divorce) thousands less than new homes in neighborhood of comparible size.

Food, gas, utilities, etc. -- you all know its going up.

Companies are laying off, hospitals are understaffed with nurses, store closings (i.e., Goody's, Exxon, etc.), gosh!

Wish I'd chosen a medical field, which is very promising these days!

Neighbor mentioned today that find working is tough. Her sister is one the employees who lost job at lumbar company. Says that those who have a job, best to keep it and not complain!

What are ya'll experiencing in your local? Do you see any positive improvement or forecast?