Lola, holding you close while you wait. Are you keeping yourself busy today?

I've heard horror stories about people having to wait on things like this, but just to share some good news on the topic:

I found a lump behind my ear and made a doctor appt. All in one day, I went to the first doctor who felt it and was concerned. He immediately sent me walking to another office within the same building. That doctor was also concerned. He sent me to the head of head and neck surgery in the cancer clinic right after that. He was concerned, did a needle biopsy on the spot - shared that he thought it was benign and that I'd get my results the next day. I did. It was benign, but the last doctor I saw became my surgeon and I had the dang thing removed. They slit open the side of my face, behind my ear and into my scalp. Though it may sond awful, it really was fine, except when I ate, I salivated out of my head through the incision. What a riot. I remember being out at dinner and holding the napkin behind my ear.

Anyway, I was so grateful for the way I was treated the first day. Even though I knew something might be up, I was happy to roll from one office to the next.

Lola, looking forward to hearing an update.

Edited by Dotsie (06/19/08 07:54 PM)