Chatty...what a cute story! And how lucky for the owl that you came along when you did. Owls have become my new favorite bird.

Anne...glad you like the photos...we look for them every evening but they've been elsewhere...maybe tomorrow morning.

JJ...our pecan tree was planted last year but it's growing like a weed...probably won't produce for years...BUT here's what happened last year. Larry's mom has two pecan trees that kicked butt last year with pecans. He and I were on our hands and knees most of a day picking up as many as we could. They are the really old timie, good tasting pecans. We took them to be shelled at a place in Mobile and when I went back the next day no one could find our pecans. The man who'd taken our pecans was drunk (he was the owner). Larry was on a train and I had to call him to tell him that our pecans were MIA. He asked to speak to someone who wasn't drunk and commenced to chew tail. Our pecans were evidently given to someone else (hope they enjoyed them) and we were given a generic substitute...next time the trees yield we won't take them to that place again. I'll save you some pecans, JJ.