I put this here because I didn't want to cover up Di's great news about her magazine recognition. Congratulations!

I am going back to my old job soon. It's been over a year since I took this position. Some of you probably remember how I labored over the decision to make the switch then. Well, it was hard in the beginning, seemed to be going somewhat better, I learned a lot of new stuff, picked up more responsibilities, worked like a dog and finally came to the conclusion, this is not working and NOT what I want to be doing. I did my best and as hard as it got, most of the time I didn't mind the job itself. I even had some job satisfaction now and then when I saw things I accomplished. But....as I said, it's been over a year now and this merry-go-round hasn't stopped for a minute. I've been working too many 10, 11 and even 12 hour days. I travel back and forth sometimes to meetings (at 7 a.m.) in our other facility carting laptops, conference phones, and folders full of documents. I've been sick more in this past year than I have ever been in my life. I'm not one to call out sick often, but this year my husband and I both had bad colds that we passed back and forth, one of which ended up giving me an ear infection that caused two weeks of deafness. I had bronchitis and a stomach virus that put me down for the count. I average 45-50 hours a week on a good week, often more. I've had little to no time for writing. Something is wrong with this picture.

The opportunity for me to go back to my old job just happened to come up. My former boss has not had anyone for more than a couple of months in the time I've been gone and really wants me back. Without getting into all that transpired in between, I spoke to both bosses and my husband and I'm going back as soon as we find the right person to replace me. The deal is that I will train her and I will be the back-up for her (which is more than I've had on this job).

I was afraid people would think I couldn't do it or that I got demoted or something, then I realized, a few things. 1. It's no one else's business. 2. It's not about them.
3. It's what I want. and 4. I don't care what they think. This is about me.

Turns out, that most people are happy for me. (Especially my daughter who has been worried that I would have a heart attack.) they know the hours I put in and don't blame me for not wanting to do it anymore.

So, here I go again. But, I know I'm doing the right thing. This is not just a fast pace, it's bat out of hell speed. It will be a while before I can start officially, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.