The spanish moss has gotten away from us... we have way too much. You can't see it in this particular picture (which I took back when we tried keeping it clean). It has overtaken two giant crepe myrtles in our yard. We've stripped them twice, but it keeps coming back... it kills. I called a business in Houston, which handles natural horticulture supplies, and the guy I spoke with convinced me I didn't want to get rid of it... that was 7 or 8 years ago, and I wish I had not listened to him.

I agree with you, it is wonderful to look through the old limbs. Our house faces the eastnortheast and the tree is positioned so that, while I'm at a front window, I can see the sun rise through the limbs. I'll say it again, God did marvelous work when he gave us plants, oak trees and peonies, esp., in my book.

Hope I don't sound stupid when I ask what a limpine is... google it, but found links in Spanish, or some other language... didn't really study it.

About our house, it needs to be torn down. The owners before us did not maintain it well... and because of circumstances, we've not tried to remedy their oversights. Hope to remodel SOME DAY.