I checked the back of the card board and we used a wider ribbon for the hanger. We looped it and hot glued it to the foamcore JJ.

Ladyjane we put the ribons on last. They are wrapped around to the back and hot glued to the fabric. I guess we went in about a couple of inches with fabric on the back. You could glue the ends of the ribon to the foamcore if you'd like but I felt it would hold better on the fabric where there is more grip to it.

We planned out how we wanted the ribbon to go so we'd know how many spaces we'd have to hold our cards, then punched the tacks through at the intersections. Because they didn't stay tight, we pressed firmly and clued them either under the tack in front but mostly on the tip at the back. I hope that's not confusing. You could experiment with different kinds of tacks or such. We found ours at Joann's in the department where they had the curtain rods and such.

You know we thought of making some seasonal but haven't yet. That's a great idea. You could also cut the foamcore boards into shapes and do the same. As long as you have an exacto knife you can cut the board.

I deliberately took a picture with all the cards on it so you all could see how it looked fully dressed so to speak. glad you saw your cards.

Renee I didn't see the Martha Stewart one so I'm glad you like mine. I love her. She's done so much and continues to inspire and show us how to do things. I'm glad she's back on TV where she should be.

I wonder why they are called French bulletin boards, Louisa. I'm glad you like the ones my sister, daughter and I did. So you've been using them. Are they framed or anything? I've seen some that are but not sure if I want one. I've been thinking about it. I agree about customizing them to make personalized gifts.
www.tidedancer.com