I haven't read all the posts too but I know many people in their 80's that are amazingly active! My own grandfather died while jogging at 83! He was jogging!
I know an elderly dancer that still teaches ballet and is quite respected as was Martha Graham when she was older.

I work with two people in their 80's who work transport at the hospital and that includes pushing patients in their wheelchairs no matter how big that patient is and they also push gurneys and do it without a complaint!

I have been exposed to elderly people whose quality of life is great and who are really relative now, still, to everyone!

In fact, tonight I will be having dinner with a woman in her 80's who works at the hospital and who is full of amazing stories that I could never hear anywhere else!

I hope I am the way they are when I am elderly and I work to be that way then. I take good care of myself and watch my body closely so that it can hold up for me and take me to a place when I am elderly that is good.

Yes, we cannot help if we have a disease like MS, which my sister in law has but she is working on her quality of life as well with her treatments!

Death does not have to be ugly in my experience. I keep hoping for the best for those I love and myself!

Dancer, weighing in.

"Question your privilege"