My step-father has recently been released from hospital. We all took turns staying with him to help my mother and give her a break -- we did this for 19 days and Mom was there the most. The night I stayed at the hospital (slept in lounge chair) he told me that the reason my mother wanted someone there at all times is b/c when my grandmother passed away, my mother left the room for just a moment and was not there during the passing. My mother is terribly frightened. During nurses rounds the night I stayed with my step-father, he awoke to tell me he had a recurring dream that he was on an island fishing, there were streams, valleys, trees, etc. That there were others he did not know and I was there, yet I was the only one in the family there. When we awoke, he said that was the most restful night he had thus far. I didn't inquire b/c I was afraid it meant we were going to lose him and that perhaps I would die soon, too. Yet, I inquired with another gal and she said the mayhap it may be that he expects me as the oldest to take care of the family. I don't want anything to happen to him, I want him to be healthy and happy.