HL, in response to your post

(hl)... I would try to shorten the process. I have no problem with the religious aspect on this. So many cultures practice it. ... in Europe that have “death” clinics… If the patient wishes to die, and the medical evidence is there, his/her wish will be granted. I support freedom of each individual to decide for him or her self.
(gims)To be expected, I did not know this. I agree, we should be able to decide for ourselves.

(hl)I was truly taken aback... battled suicidal thoughts, and still have fleeting moments with them. Would you care to share how you have overcome them?
(gims) I have a wonderful aunt who has MADE ME rethink my life. She has been right there for me for over a year, listening without a filter and without judgement. She has been a God send! The only problem with her being my counsel is that she is relative to my life. Also, I know she is truly and earnestly praying for the good of all, me included. The 'fleeting moments' are so different from the darker ones of days gone by, which are scary even to me, as I think back. For anyone to be in such states of despair is purely wrong. I'm so glad I'm beyond them, although I'm still in the healing process. 'Good counsel' would be my answer to your question.

(hl) Gims, could it be that your parents fear they may not go to heaven?
(gims) This is my very thought, along with the question, 'Are they questioning what they've been preaching all these years?' and 'Do they have doubts, too?'

(hl)This is one of the problems I have with the Christian and other religions. I hope I don’t offend anyone here by saying, I think it is truly a cruel and manipulative technique to install fear of the afterlife in a human being. How burdensome and oppressive that is. What if these beliefs are wrong and you have struggled with these thoughts your entire life.
(gims) No offense taken, from me anyway. You speak from which I think.