Hello, I just had time to read this entire thread. I am sorry for what you are going through. As a recovered substance abuser myself, I want to tell Don that going back to the same environment is asking for trouble. One of the things that got me off street drugs was moving from PA to AZ. Otherwise I would have continued with my same old habits with the same old dealers. What helps is long-term care. The 30 day treatments are an immediate intervention, but for full recovery over a long period, there must be ongoing support. I've lived in St. Joseph MO. The amount of substance abuse is mind-blowing, not to mention that the city is a meth mecca. Chatty, I remember this about your son and it is so sad. At some points in my life I blamed my parents for my troubles, at other times I was grateful for whatever help they gave me, and yet other times I was too ashamed to show my face. It's so sad that you do not have the opportunity to communicate about this with your son. Dianne, I don't know how to say this because it sounds weird, but I am "glad" your daughter went to treatment. With commitment it can only help. Eagle, anti-depressants have to be monitored when a patient is going off of them! That's the trouble with GPs prescribing anti-ds. GPs are not as trained as psychiatrists and neurologists to know the fine tuning of chemical imbalances and the step process by which changes must be made. That doctor could have cost you your life! I'm glad your husband found a way to soothe you. Anyway, for what you all are going through, I'm so sorry, and I wish you lots of love and light. Lynn

[ October 16, 2005, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: lynn329 ]