Casey...sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you...but, here I am.
First, I'm impressed with your tailoring skills...I have been sewing since I was knee high to a pedal singer sewing machine...and I've lined outfits but never did a suit...(I'm bowing to you now...I am not worthy). Goodness...that takes lots of patience and skill. I understand why you'd rather not take that one, again.
I've made a total of five 9 blocks...and you're right...it gets better with each square. I have four more to make for my class project and I've saved the hardest one for last...yikes. The hardest part of cutting everything out...and then lining up the seams to match perfectly...you're blind when sewing it and not until you open it do you know if you've hit or missed. But, I'm loving it and will continue.
How do you choose your colors? Colors make or break a quilt and I admit I'm a bit intimidated when it comes to picking them.
I haven't learned any circular cuts yet...that's coming up and then after we've made all nine blocks, we'll start to piece it together. I want to do as much by machine as possible...don't have the patience to do it any other way.
Are you still quilting, Casey?
I'd love to say I'd take on putting together the quilt but I am no where near doing something like that at this point. I do love the idea and maybe one day we can do this.