Ouch! I've been very leary of the rotary cutter since I got it. I've dreamed of doing exactly what you did, Dee! AND a sewing machine needle???

I'm a machine quilter -- not a lot of patience for hand sewing, although it tickles the back of my brain that it might be nice. Not interested in pricked fingers, either.

Dee, triangles are hard. I did 18 "good luck" pieces that involved 8 triangles each. I can definitely tell the first ones from the last ones! All I can say, is if you keep at it, it will probably get easier and better. And, we are all our own worst critics!

Did you sew before? I've sewn all my life and I think that makes it easier. I also worked in a costume shop in college and the instructor taught me to tailor. I even made a few suit jackets at one point -- something I don't think I'd attempt now.

I think a "round robin" quilt would be interesting. Someone starts with a block and then mails it to someone else who creates another block and sends it to someone else, etc. At least, I think that's how it goes. There's still the problem of paying for backing and batting and quilting thread, but we could probably work it out using Paypal. Then we could donate it as the NABBW to a charity somewhere. We could even make it a crib quilt which is a lot smaller!