Sue,
It's very difficult to look forward with someone you don't like and who belittles you. Bonnie is right, though, the kids ages are tough -- right at the beginning of teenage years.

With my 20-20 hindsight (LOL!), I would say to really take a look at yourself before you divorce. What do you need to learn from this marriage? Are their boundaries that you need to put into place that will serve you in whatever relationship you are in? Have you cleaned up your past issues? What are your contributions to the problems in the relationship?

I'm not meaning to criticize you in the least! As I said, I've been divorced a few times. Sometimes it's the only way to go. But what enabled me to get out of my patterns was to do the work that I'm suggesting to you. I did it after my last marriage and now am married to a wonderful man. I did start it before the marriage ended, and that's how I knew it had to end (he was an alcoholic). The kids suffered a bit (13 and 17), but in the end, they knew it was for the best.

Good luck!