Thanks Ladyjane. I can't make it hurt, in that I can't move one way or another and make it hurt. I can make a movement and feel nothing, then make the same movement a few moments later and the pain explodes like a firecracker. I sat in the hairdresser's chair for over an hour this morning, no pain. When I went to stand up, the pain took my breath away. It's difficult to determine if it's the chest or the breast - it's definitely manifesting itself through the breast, but echoing through the chest and radiating into the back.

But my BP, heartrate, colour, energy level, everything else is perfect - I can race up two flights of stairs with no difficulty, not even shortage of breath. Which makes it look more muscular. My hairdresser had a similar thing once, lasted for over a week, and found out it was gas! So I'll try some rolaids and see if that helps. Hubby offered to make me a sling (a "boulder holder") - that might help too!

I guess I was just wondering if there are common phsyiological changes during menopause that would include muscular aches in the breast.

(Maya Angelou)