Jaw Jaw,
Actually, I'm not really big-time ambitious! I have had a big career by following public demand. I started so young that I knew nothing else. For example, MGM called me, I did not audition and never have auditioned for anything! I have three calls right now that are public performances but I will only take the ones that I can do in my present condition. I have been where I have been soley on being there and doing my job. I do not network, I do not name drop, I don't even push myself in the press because I want a personal life.
An example would be when I ended up on the front of a Sunday business section in a large newspaper and it was a big photo! I did not ask or even think they would use a photo of me but they asked for a release after taking a photo so I signed because, "why not?"

I am in the right place at the right time because if I push it, I find I am not at my best and I don't like appearing "hungry," if you can understand.

I don't play the game at all. The funny thing is that when people ask me how to "make it," I tell them to be good at what they do! That's all I concentrated on, my lessons! I studied dance and voice and ended up where I did and never had any lean days! I never toured the country playing little gigs and I never performed with any band that was unknown. I've had a life so far that seems to be there for me and I don't question it. I have never had ANY time off until I became as sick as I did and it was forced time off.

Now that I am getting stronger and talking to people more, I find the offers come in again.

I ended up judging the first leg of the "Miss New Mexico," pageant and I don't like pageants! My friend asked me to and I owed her one, so I did it!

Things walk up on me, I just go along with what works for me and concentrate on being the best person and artist that I can be.

I like a layed back approach to work. Funny thing is, when I work I seem to have too much work to get done!I still have offers sitting there! One is a television show they want me to choreograph, for example. I just let it happen to me...

If I had to scratch and crawl, I'd be a dishwasher first! Not a problem for me, I'm not the type to toot my horn. I'v actually done WAY more than I admit!

I had a girl where I get coffee bring in a magazine once and shove it at me and say," That's you, isn't it?"

dancer in repose.

"Question your privilege"