Here's what I love about Carolyn's books, the Frugal Book Promoter and The Furgal Editors.

You will underline, highlight and dog ear like a fool while reading them. They are extremely practical, loaded with great information.

While reading The Frugal Editor, I recalled all the things I had not yet done from her first book. I need to go back and follow thorugh on some more of her ideas. Funny thing, while it's for books, I also have used it for my Web sites!

Hiring a good editor is so important before submitting a query or proposal. I'll never forget the first time I worked with an editor - now I wing it for the site- sorry ladies, but anyway...

She was a magazine editor and boy was she good. I was expecting her to correct punctuation, maybe a little sentence structure and that was about it. What she did was amazing. She truly rewrote lots of the information which gave it better form and style. She made me look like I knew what I was doing. So why wouldn't we want that before submitting queries or proposals?

At first my ego was a littel wounded, but then I realized she was the expert. I write, she edits...and there's a huge difference.

A great book to read about editing is Stephen King's book On Writing. It is over the top. I especially loved how he shared his original thoughts/writing and then showed all the edits before he got the writing the way he wanted it for publication, or at least before he handed it to his editor. It's not the writing that makes your piece incredible, it's the re-writing.