Oh Mountain Ash...what a sad, strong poem. First, I'm touched that you've welcomed me as your family. That is the sweetest thing anyone has ever offered to do for me and I'm humbled by it. You're precious. Thank you.

The story I have from my Uncle is a wee bit confusing. He isn't sure if the ship they sailed on or the ship that picked up my Great-gggggg-grandfather was called the Peacock. He says he isn't sure which but Peacock is in there somewhere. That's all I have.

Tell me, what is a lowlander? I must say that when I knew I was going to be visiting Scotland I got out of the car and walked over the border (can't remember what area it was now), but I actually became emotional. I had the most incredible feeling...goose bumps, a familiar feeling as if I knew I was home and tears of joy fell as I breathed in air that I knew had been my families somewhere in the past. I didn't want to leave. My grandparents lived in Glencoe Alabama and my fondest memories are there as a child...so when I saw there is a Glencoe Scotland, I had to go there...and what a delight it was. Stayed in an old B&B, learned of the sad history between the McDonalds and the Campbells, Signal rock, etc. I just found out that several scenes from the Harry Potter films were shot there...Hagridg's hut...it was always a magical place for me to be there. Who knows, perhaps my family came from there. I'll never know but it would be nice to put a name to my family and a village from where we originated.