Dee,

I hope the wallpaper/border you are removing has not been applied straight onto the drywall. I think wallpaper is beautiful, but it is a B**** to get off if it was applied to the drywall. What a nightmare to get off. When we bought our house, one of the first things I wanted to do was to put up new wallpaper. The kitchen was partly wallpapered and it had 3 layers of the stuff. Evidently, previous owners just wallpapered over the old stuff instead of removing it. Now I know why! The bathrooms was wallpapered like that also. No matter what I used, the paper came off the size of postage stamps. It was sooooo stuck to the drywall! If you scrap to hard, you can tear the drywall. Then you will have to patch/mud the drywall and get it all smooth again. I bought every product and gadget there was to remove it. I surfed the net for pointers. No one could offer any good advice except never to wallpaper again. I used fabric softener and hot water, hot water and vinegar, goo be gone, wall paper strippers...you name it, I tried it. None of it worked all that great for me....not even the all cussin'! I had sore arms, elbows, and wrists. Working off a ladder with my arms over my head was the worse. I did not re-wallpaper....I painted.

However, if anyone wants to wallpaper, and change it often, here is a tip. Make sure you paint your walls with a semi-gloss or glossy paint. The wallpaper will come off so much easier, leaving only the glue behind, and it can easily be washed down with a warm water solution. Do not wallpaper directly onto walls with a primer or a flat paint. That wallpaper will stick to the wall untill hell freezes over!