Hi Ladies,

Mer my freind...I realy should have thought about the auction thing before posting about it. I don'e have enough time to be organising all of the relevant stuff you mentioned...but thank you hon.

It's the last three weeks of term and everyone is a little 'end of term' crazy, getting peices finished for assesment etc.
We are at the start of our last brief for this term...and I am loving it. The breif itself is 'EAT'..
Basically, we as a whole cohor have to pu on an exibiion in the first week of next term..on the 8th of Jan(has to be set up on the 7th and I fly back on the 6th!!!)

My concept is very strong...it is a visual statement peice which involves laying a table with comemoraive plates..and on the plates are the photo's of the 10 dead hungerstrikers of 81' from N.Ireland. The men were imprisoned in 'The Maze' and each shared H block shaped sections of the jail.

I will use an old blanket for a table cloth(as it was a blanket protest too)....and in the center, to form a H on the table..a jug of water and five tumblers each side.

I will be making the menu as the narrative for the event and each man will have a place setting which will include his birth, death and a short bio.

Thatcher and Haughey...the two political key figures from this time will be abscent...but their places at the head of the table will have the menues.

I am way excited about this one..as it follows what I said from the outset about documenting through art and jewellry the shifts and changes in N, Ireland over the past 30 years....knowing me, it will change and evolve as I get into the swing of it.

I will post a link to the visual once it is on canvas

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love