Hello Ladies, well now...ain't life just fine and dandy .

Yesterday, I started on my first peice of jewellry, a single stone ring!!! Doesn't seem like a lot....but, when I sat at my workbench, saw in hand, silver in the other....oh boy, oh boy !
The breif is to take a stone of your preference, choose whatever metal you want and design , make this first peice using a range of four different stone setting types. Unlike many of my peers, I could have produced something nifty in an hour(we have 12hrs in total, and a wee bit of free time for workshop space) .

So, instead of throwing something together...just for marks and assesment, I set about designing something a wee bit more intricate...I need to be challenging myself and my tutors...or whats the bloomin' point ?
I have made a proto out of base metal...and found myself helping my group with different things(that was refreshing my skills too).
It was awsome, once I had silver in hand....my feet touched the ground...I am home!!!
I can't tell you much of the design because it is a very special peice for Celtic on our first wedding anniversary in Feb(it will be in for assesment along with all my other stuff till after Christmas anyway)

So, all our introductory stuff is out of the way and the real excitement and creativity starts here....it's heady, heavenly and just what I have been waiting for, for such a long time.
Dots, Celtic may be over for a visit before the Hols.we are trying to work out what time is best. She sends her love to all, her comp has been down for a long time...I think it is better now and she will be popping in soon.

I am installing my cam this aft so thatI can speak to her and Lucien realtime.

I will be keeping you all posted, I do miss the neighborhood and hanging out as muh as I used to .

Love to all for now

Poppie
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love