Hey My Boomer Sisters.....wow, wow, wow...I am still ten ft off the ground with this turn of events. My interveiw lasted 12 mins to be exact...whilst the other two candidates who were there with me and up before me took 25-35 mins each!!! I was in such a state...but spent my time reassuring the other two wee lasses who were just over twenty years old! Then I was all alone and waiting !!! When I was called, something amazing happened....I went into a completely calm place of self-assured direction...it wasn't haughty, but more about how I was deserving of a place as the next and I was gonna impart this wisdom for sure!!
They asked me about my history, training and previous experience...why that particular course and University amd what I could bring as well as gain from if I was offered one of 46 places( nearly three hundred applicants this year!!!throuought Europe!!) .

I set about the task of explaining what the wanted to know and was open and honest about my expertice and lack of it in other areas, ie art and scketching tecniques. I layed my ideas on the table...with the cultural change and history in Ireland being of great interest to them.
They then asked me if I wanted to ask any questions...and only one came to mind and tumbled out of my gob!!!!

'Am I in over my head here? Did I bite off more tha....etc'
they both answered 'No'...then sent me outside to wait for a further 'lifetime'!!
When they brought me back in...I was sure I was gonna be declined. Ruth, the course Head of Dep started to say stuffed based on my scanty design portfilio(my words)...the other guy interupted and said that what drew him in was my prescence and passion...how I presented myself and my ideas..and how I craved the 'pulling assunder' of my boundaries concerning my already existing skills and ideas. Ruth interjected then and told me that the course was perfect for someone like me and that she was looking forward to watching me grow, explore and expand my world in accordance with what I already know and what I will be learning.

I jumped up and punched the air...even did a wee victory dance too!!!

I have not come down yet!

Meeting Lola was like the icing on the cake for sure! We went for something to eat(Lola insisted that I must be fed before my long journey home!!)...we chatted about so much..all crammed into three hours. It was just like catching up with a beloved freind who you had not seen in a while, she was a wee jem and made me feel at my ease straight away( sorta mommying me too!!which I indulged in! !).
We chatted so much that I nearly missed my link train for the airport!!! I love her to bits though....our wee Celtic is miffed that she didn't get to meet her too...but we did the phone thing!!

So, I am home now..and My Celtic is being a sweet one indeed...I can see her pride written all over her and it fills me with soft tears(oh here I go welling up again!) .

Again....thanks everyone for the concern, support and beleiving in me(and for those that did not na, na nan naaa na! I jest )

Love you all

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love