My mom went to heaven two years ago on St. Patrick's day. Her married name was McNamara, so she kept things in line right up to the last minute. Hospice thought she would have died days before and every day they arrived and Mom was still with us, they marveled.

St. Patrick's day, after scarfing (mmm) our corned beef and cabbage at my parents's apartment, she went to be with her maker! We should have known!

Today my dad and my brother and sister-in-law are going away for a few days. They are visiting one of Mom and Dad's favorite get-a-ways for the first time since her death. Dad has wanted to get there all winter and we could never get it just right so one of us could go with him. It almost worked and then the blizzard arrived. [Eek!]

Well don't you know it is on St. Patrick's day that he will be there! How crazy is that? [Roll Eyes]

And for more of God's timing...my friend's mom died on Friday, (the one who was just diagnosed with pancreatic cancer not even two weeks ago). She was Mom's best friend. She was my favorite living links to Mom on earth (other than my family) because we would talk about all the fun times she and my mom had together.

This time of remembering Mom will be very intense because I will be doing the whole funeral parlor, funeral thing at the very same time of year. May sound weird, but I am okay with it. [Wink] It will cause me to think even more about MOM! [Cool]