Sandwich generation is a great name. I am sandwiched in between my 83 year old mother and my two children ages 8 & 10. My mother is very dependant on me and of course my children are too. Often times I feel overwhelmed. I am lucky to have a very supportive husband but the bulk of the responsibility falls on me. Our parents didn't warn us about how much responsibility we would have. But if they had, it would have taken away from our carefree days of childhood. I'm glad I didn't have a clue about what challenges faced me in adulthood. You live and learn...sometimes the hard way. Our parents didn't have any more knowledge than we did...probably even less. They grew up in the generation where noone talked about things...."what would the neighbors think?" They didn't have support groups or forums and therapy was not the in thing! We are lucky to have so much support available to us. Times are different and in some ways we do have it harder. However, we know we are not alone. Thanks to Dotsie for creating this forum and allowing us to share our thoughts and feelings.