Great topic for women. Don't you think we worry more than men?

I inherited the worry gene from Mom and let it cultivate for years. Then I realized I had a choice. I no longer wanted to carry that gene. This has taken years of work. By the grace of God, I worry less. I've done studies (am doing one now called Living Above Worry and Stress. I've mentioned before that I'm doing a series of studies written by the Women of Faith gals. This was the next one in the series and I figured I still need work in that area, so why not?) What I have come to realize is that this is not the life God wants us to live. He wants us to trust that He knows what's best for us and to embrace that regardless of what it is. Why waste time worrying when He is in control anyway AND He has our very best interest at heart? VERY BEST!

What has worked for me is reading what the Bible has to say about worry. I have used a topical Bible and read all the verses about worry, and I've learned that it's actually a sin, and I still continue to do it anyway, but not as much. Go figure. Anyway, you mention praying it down. I love that choice of words. That's exactly what I do. And if not through prayer, I simply change my thoughts to something far away from the worry and then I take my mind in that direction and it works. I also change the worried thoughts to positive, good thoughts because hey, it's just as likely something good will happen.

I have three kids in college. One is now in the Bahamas on spring break. I could worry myself sick, but I've chosen to turn it into prayer by asking for his health and safety every day. Instead of my worry about him drowning, breaking his neck on the trapeze, geting carried away with the unlimited alcohol, etc., I am picturing having a blast with his friends, reading his book while catching rays, eating good food which he loves, and being the responsible kid he typically is. If something happens, I believe it's God's will and He will give me the strength to manage. All much easier said than done, but also possible. Hope this helps.

Also, worry robs us of our joy that is rightfully ours!