Meredith,
One thing about it, at least you are persistent. Twenty nine years is probably longer than all my marriages combined. (I refuse to reveal the exact number)
I once took a test that said I was an 'experimental decision maker.' It said rather than analyze choices, I tend to decide quickly then change my mind if it doesn't work. So while others are still deciding, I've already made several mistakes and hopefully corrected them. Definitely my marital style.
I've always fought that tendency in choosing a mate. I would take time, analyze it, try to think it through. This time, I didn't even try to fight it. Just went with my heart and I'm so glad I did.

Eagle, I can't stop smiling thinking of your husband mentally building that fountain. That's hilarious. Perhaps that's one problem I have with marriages. (Note marriage is plural in my mind) I am the one who builds fountains in my mind. I try to be social, but if I'm focused on a story or a painting or some business deal, I sometimes forget to communicate. Last night I was working on a play on deadline. I forgot to fix dinner. My husband tried to talk to me about what I wanted so he could fix something, but he finally gave up when I was unresponsive. He sat down at his computer and took some cold dressing out of the fridge and began eating it from the plastic bag. I got up for a drink of water and started laughing. Finally got something together for dinner and finished my play.

Oh well, I guess we just all have to work with what we've got.
smile