quote:
Originally posted by Fiftyandfine:
I figure if none of this stuff (not to mention the other stuff that happened before and during) killed me, then there must still be an unrealized purpose for my being here. God, or the alignment of the stars, or my family, or my friends will eventually reveal to me "that which I need to know." ]

IMHO, your shared story of courage shines hope and inspiration into the lives and hearts of others who might be going through their own struggle with cancer and/or multiple surgeries. Sometimes, that's all it takes to help someone hold on long enough to get to that next bend in the road, which then leads to the light at the end of the tunnel. And that alone is "purposeful" enough for me...heck, just "being" is purposeful enough for me. And I for one am glad that you continue to be!

quote:
In the meantime, I'm trying to wait patiently and be grateful that each day that passes brings me one more towards the five year cured mark. And that's enough for now...
I went through exactly the same wait while slowly and painfully recovering from a devastating bout of depression. Some of us wondered if I was ever going to be able to make it out alive. My psychiatrist even told me that he had never seen anyone make it all the way back from as far down as I had been, but that if I could make it to the three year mark, we could call me "recovered". I did, and that was 17 years ago. So it was quite a celebration making it to my own "fifty and fine" in July. I hope and pray that you DO make it to your "fifty and fine" and well beyond!

[ August 26, 2005, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]