I haven't been spending a lot of time shopping or spending money lately. But one thing I'm constantly fighting off the urge to buy are kitchen things - especially tea towels - I mean, what's with this obsession with tea towels!!! I just can't understand that one. I'm ALWAYS drawn to tea towels, and have a very hard time resisting really pretty ones. I've had a life-long hatred of doing dishes (long cinderella-type story there) up until the past couple of years. And now I just can't get enough tea towels.

I also love to buy books, and am like TVC - I'll buy lots of them at once (mainly to take advantage of the free shipping), and then stop until I've read a few of them. I must have over 20 books here that I've bought in the last year and still haven't opened yet...but I WANT to. I'm bouncing between the two new Joseph Girzone books (Never Alone and Joshua) right now, but can't even finish a whole page these days.

I did buy myself a snazzy pair of black/grey jeans (with lots of embroidery down one leg) the other day. Original price was $50, got them for $15. Got them home, they looked so hot, hubby insisted I go back and buy another pair! Same colour (the only colour on the rack), but longer leg, in case the other ones shrink. That was fun, finding a pair that actually looked and felt good.

(Maya Angelou)