I downsized after divorce from 2400 sf to 1215 sf. Yet, although the sf is no problem, its having 3 bedrooms of which the master is like 14x14 and other two 11x11, very little room for queen size beds. This is not my final home, yet in my 'dream home' I'd prefer 2 large master bedrooms and larger bathrooms. Also, larger laundry with extra storage space and a sink to alleviate having my extra bedroom closets stuffed w/ boxes! I basically purchased this home as an investment and did not want to pay rent w/ no tax return. I was lucky to afford a 20% down payment, thus alleviating mortgage insurance which would have been $80 a month -- money down the tube! I am also lucky enough to have a house payment less than rent on a two bedroom apartment in my local area.

I 'dream' of my dream home as described above, to include solid surface counter tops and would like to coordinate the entire house hardware (knobs, lights, door handles, etc.) to coordinate, wood floors in living and kitchen areas, molding, etc.

Yet, my next home will either be a townhouse/garden home and I shall board horse at stable, or purchase land and build. Although I prefer the later idea, taking care of the land will be very stressful, b/c horses are social animals, if you have one on your own land, you'll need another, thus increased costs. Being single, I'd prefer to put the burden of all that work and maintenance on the stable owner, especially when I want to go out of town. Also, must consider the cost of horse trailer and other farm equipment when owning land/horse(s). Okay, now I'm rambling!