Meredith
I've always thought of you as someone who might have been into yoga. I re-started it about 2 years ago and find it fascinating and rewarding. I tried it at my gym but kept getting injured, so went to an actual studio. Everyone in the class has been majorly injured or experiences some level of pain, including the teacher who's sensitive to our pains and has figured out ways for each of us to move to avoid undue pressure in those areas or to learn to strengthen those areas. She also is sensitive to certain types of weather that make us feel particularly stiff or achy -- and it's not just on the cold rainy days.

Progress is subtle but unmistakable -- in only two years I'm stronger and more flexible than ever. What's truly inspiring is that there are women in their 70s (at least) who've been at it for 10 or so years and are actually the most agile in the room! It's never too late to start. It seems like a miracle exercise/discipline -- but you need a teacher who understands its meditative, inner nature and who continues to learn her or himself. I do prefer the women teachers because it seems that the men don't completely understand the differences in how our bodies move.