Chatty, I haven't gotten anything recently.

From the beginning, the pain has been manageable. Even the worst of it -- back in March when I pulled out my lower back and couldn't even get out of bed to go to the bathroom for 2 1/2 hours; and more recently when my hip was out and foot immobile, and it took 30 minutes to walk one block -- the pain is nothing compared to some of my migraines. I try to keep that in perspective. Since I go through so much heavy pain meds for my head, I try not to use them otherwise, unless absolutely necessary. I have a cornucopia of ice packs and muscle rubs. Some days they work, and sometimes not.

since I've been painting cabinets, my back is borderline not-happy -- but so far, still functioning. I figured if I wait till all the pain goes away before doing anything, I'll be in bed for the rest of my life.

Smilinize, I had at least 2 months of weekly acupuncture for my migraines, and it didn't do a thing. However, that doesn't mean it won't work for something else. The quality of life is priceless, so I do what I need to.

And when we have our Boomer convention -- unless I'm in a wheelchair, I'll be dancing! even if just a little bit.

Poet and essayist