Meredith, I just read about your pain. I'm so sorry. I thought it had gone away. I have always imagined you dancing wildly along the western horizon. I refuse to give up that image.

I have posted this before, but three major car accidents, 31 broken bones and almost every joint crushed inflicted a lot of pain. For years I kept it at bay with just a smile. I refused to acknowledge it. I walked every day and ran often. I even danced on stage. But before my most recent orthopedic surgery, the pain took over. I found myself planning ahead for it, not doing things that I knew would hurt and far too often the pain took the smile that had been my only defense. I could no longer ignore it.

You asked about acupuncture. It has been a miracle for me. I almost feel like my old self again. If you have not yet tried it, check it out. Most insurance doesn't pay for it, and it is expensive, but if you're in enough pain, it doesn't matter.

I hope you're dancing again soon.

smile