Hi Whittle,

Count me in as another hyster sister, I loved going there and by the time I had my operation I was ready.

I had a TAH/LSO, my incision was a vertical incision. My uterus was large and so therefore it turned out I had adenomyosis and endometriosis and throw in a few fybroids there too. Anyway, I went in there with a good attitude, and I even took a couple of smiley stickers with me. I put one on my abdomen and a close caption sticker above it that said, "Are we having fun yet?" I just wanted to bring some humour to this experience. My doctor later told me that was the reason my surgery went well. Anyway, 2 days later I went home and 4 days later I went to the mall to get out of the house. I got tired sooner than I usually would, but I recovered very well. So anyway, attitude and lots of prayer. Unfortunately, two years later I had my right ovary removed by laporascopy, I went home that very day. The waiting is the hardest part always. I don't regret having the hysterectomy done, at least I can plan a day at the beach. I couldn't do that before. The only negative experience I have had is enduring an emotional roller coaster for awhile. I did go into menopause as well. But I look at it this way, I am getting it over with. I do not take any HRT either, but that was my choice. I just didn't want to have to pop another pill in my mouth. You've recieved some very good advise.

Those who were former hystersister's what were your user names? Mine was Tilos and I had my operation in May '02. I really loved that board, and I wanted to find another forum with a different subject to go to, but I couldn't find anything like it. That is, until I came here.

Alright Whittle, I know you will be alright, and remember the waiting is indeed the hardest.

Cheers,
Cathi