The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 168 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#9818 - 12/07/05 08:57 AM seeking help
Debi Offline

Loc: Kansas City Kansas
Hi there everyone. I havea serious question. I claim to be separated which I am. I have been for 4 yrs. I was thrown out the day before thanksgiving. The decision that lead up to being thrown out was spontanious to a degree but may have been coming on and unconsiously been triggered before that faithful night. Now I need help.

Let me give you all a brief background. I lived with an abusive man, although he was a good dad,I was not a good mom. He was mentally and emotionally abusive since about the third year of our marriage yet I stayed thinking I needed him and "I could change things" Now 4 years later and several states away , I am finally ready to break the marital connections and get my freedom and name back. But being in Kansas and he in Colorado I havent been able to get any help.

I hope I am not opening myself up too much, I have kept this too myself for a very long time because I was afraid to be judged harshly. But I am (I think) strong enough to seek help and a divorce freeing myself from night mares and dreams of a failed marriage. My children were never in danger, if that makes since

If you can help please let me know.

Thanks , Debi

#9819 - 12/07/05 09:04 AM Re: seeking help
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Debi,
Why were you being thrown out ? Why was your ex not being thrown out ? Have you seen a lawyer and are you safe now and your children. ? Are you children with you. ? There are places you can go and your children . Please fill us in on this .

#9820 - 12/07/05 09:24 AM Re: seeking help
Debi Offline

I am safe and living with friends. He, the ex doesnt know where I am and I would like to keep it that way. The kids chose not to go with me, and refused to speak with me when i called. I was thrown out because I told him I cheated on him, which was false. But I knew if something was not done I would never leave,if that makes sense? I would stay in the marriage and be unhappy being dormate and not happy. Truely only going threw the motions.
I havent found an attorney yet. I have not found any I could affaord , the legal Aide attornies wont do anything because there are teen kids involved and the legal Aide folks there wont do anything because I dont live there.
I have been in shelters and knock on wood I wont be back in one. I was grateful to go into one when I needed one. But now that I am safe there is a bed for someone who needs it now the way I did then.

Debi

#9821 - 12/07/05 09:26 AM Re: seeking help
Debi Offline

AS for why wasnt he thrown out He works for the gov and talked the cops ut of not filing a report because all I wanted to do was just to get my stuff and leave.

Deb

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved