The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#97896 - 12/05/06 05:37 PM My oil painting
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie had asked me to post a link to my oil painting. The painting was my Christmas present to Hubby last year.

Well, here it is. Just click on the small pictures, to view a larger photograph.

I took pictures of the painting in various lighting. The mood alters at different times of the day.

I guess I would call it a 'mood' painting. By the way, the sky I painted is an actual sunset that took place across from our house. We have such spectacular sunsets, maybe because we're close to the Alps.

I also signed the painting, Lassar, which is my maiden name.

Okay, here it is::::dud, duh , duuuuh (trompets blowing, curtian is falling)
Changing Moods

#97897 - 12/05/06 06:41 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOW, how breathtaking. This woman can write, and she paints beautifully too. Is there anything you can't do my dear???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97899 - 12/05/06 08:58 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh thank you! If I can't live near the ocean, then I have to paint it. It's almost the next best thing, I guess.

Chatty you paint and write! I believe, if you can write, then you can paint. Do the writers here agree? I know Louisa paints too.

#97900 - 12/06/06 02:54 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, what a beautiful painting. I did not know that you are an artist as well. As for your question, I do call myself an artist and an author. I always always had a secret desire to paint. But my family was a business dynasty, and painting was strictly for a "lady of leisure" (my grandmother's exact words.) So I spent my more than 2 decades in business, feeling very unfulfilled. When I started writing my book, I needed an alternative to the tough topics I was writing about. I picked up books on watercolor painting, and started to paint by myself. In the moments of writing and painting, I indeed feel fulfilled. I'm finally trying to market my paintings, and just yesterday I put one on Ebay for the first time. Hannelore, do you do only oils or do you like other mediums?

Edited by Lynnie (12/06/06 02:55 AM)

#97901 - 12/06/06 03:10 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Hannelore, That is beautiful. And I love the way you have it framed. So unique. Yes, I paint, or should say painted. Haven't for a long time. I did mostly oils, some pastels now and then and tried charcoals and did some drawing. Tried watercolors, but never took to that particular medium. I painted for over 20 years, but gave it up a while back. Just don't have the time or the room for all the "stuff" anymore. Although I have such a place to paint here. I tried painting out on the deck once and enjoyed the people going by looking at "the artist." I even sold some and got a couple of ribbons in my "Picaso" days. And I do believe that one art crosses over to another or something like that.
Louisa

#97902 - 12/06/06 03:12 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hannelore, I love what you do with light, the way you use it! Fabulous!!! I had no idea, girl. How long have you been painting? Are you selling them? Can you part with them?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#97903 - 12/06/06 03:19 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Breathtaking, Hannelore! What an amazing capture of colour and moment! Makes me want to be there (but not in the boat, I get seasick.)

Lynnie, I've seen some of your paintings and love your work. Do you have a link to the one you're selling on eBay?

(Maya Angelou)

#97904 - 12/06/06 04:36 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Louisa, if you have the desire to do your art again, and if you have not read it already, I suggest "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron to get you jump-started again. I agree that Hanne.. painting has a great frame. Eagle, the item number on Ebay is 160059630227. When I figure out what the link is, I'll let you know. Thanks for asking.

#97905 - 12/06/06 06:01 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, these are absolutely stunning! I love the frames, like windows looking out into another world.

Poet and essayist

#97906 - 12/06/06 07:07 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore: More! More! More! Paint some more! You surely have the talent for it. And many thanks for sharing the painting with us in various lighting. A true artist always allows the viewer to see the work in its best.

#97907 - 12/06/06 07:29 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Lola]
diamond50 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Hannelore, keep on painting... you are amazing!
Tschuss! Cindy

#97908 - 12/06/06 07:30 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
Edelweiss Offline

I'm smiling from ear to ear from all your compliments. Well...with my mouth, that's no big thing.

The "frame" is actually an old barn window I saw in a farmhouse stable. I was supposed to sell the farm. I asked the farmer what he plans to do with the window frame, and he said, "throw it out". Hubby, sanded it down, and presto, we got a frame. I then ordered the canvas according to size.

Lynnie, I found your Poinsettia on Ebay. It's beautiful, and I'm sure it will be a lovely Christmas gift. Here's crossing my fingers on a big sale for you! Pretty exciting, isn't it?

Eagle Heart, I'm just a "smooth sailing" person myself. If Hubby would take me sailing in a wind like that, they wouldn't need fog horns out there, I'd supply the sound!

Saundra, I've always painted. In between I have tried to sell…but no luck. One of my life dreams would be to have a vernissage. Maybe someday.

Louisa, I couldn't paint if someone was watching me. I usually paint in our den. Then I lay on some jazz, and I'm in another world. I could paint all night through without getting tired. Same thing with writing. …Gee, I wish I didn't have to sleep. Hope you start painting again. If you don't have the room, then maybe you would want to try selling?

#97909 - 12/06/06 04:14 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hannelore, I felt myself just wanting to stare at the painting and think about it. Be there.

Tell us all the story behind it, would you? What made you decide to paint that particular scene? And were they in trouble? I felt they were...

He took her out there to tell her he has a mistress and the wind came up so violently....they struggled....he fell in, she got the insurance money and now lives in a wealthy village in GREECE...

What?

Hey, it moved me, what can I tell you?

#97910 - 12/06/06 07:33 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

Loc: London
Wow Hannelore, fantastic. It had me yearning for my most favoured coastline in the world. The Antrim Coastline...Ballycastle beach to be more precise. Do you work with other materials, pastels etc?? Do you do any commissioned peices??

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97911 - 12/06/06 08:38 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
Edelweiss Offline

Dear Doctor JJ. You may just have seen some depth in this painting that I have never seen before. It is sort of odd that they are sailing almost off the canvas, isn't it Now why the heck did I paint it that way? I have no idea. May I lie down Doc? I think it's a blah blah long story. To tell you the truth, I prefer your version.
Does she live happily ever after in Greece?
Okay, send me a bill.

Popea, forgive my ignorance, but where exactly is that favourite coastline of yours? Is it in Ireland? I've worked with water colors and ah, I've done lots of doodling with pencils and pens next to my phone.

My friends, you have me blushing all over, I'm so flattered. Really, I never expected this reaction.

I have only once done an oil portrait on commission. Other then that, I'm a novice what the sales market is concerned. But now I got to tell you ladies something. I'm doing something REALLY crazy, and I'm just giddy thinking about it.

After asking for Hubby's permission, I'm putting the painting in Ebay. I want to just see if I have any luck. I had to promise Hubby I'll paint it again for him.

Well, then I thought, what in the world can I ask for? I just have no idea. So I checked out Ebay, and found atrocious prices. Like 20 million for paintings that looked like a dog got sick all over the canvas…. So I figured, I don't have to sell…why not… why not try…I have nothing to lose! Hah, I put it in for $40.000,- . I'm positive I won't sell it, but they say some crazy person gets up every morning….maybe some Arabian Sheikh would like to hang it up in his bathroom? Yes?…Well, if I do get that price, I officially promise to sponsor a bottle of French Champaign for each and every one of you! tee-hee

#97912 - 12/06/06 10:30 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hannelore, let's talk about the selling of art, shall we? I'm in the same boat, so to speak. what does the word "vernissage" mean? I found putting a painting on ebay for the first time to be a daunting process. First of all, it means coming out as an artist in the market place. Second of all, learning Ebay is like learning a different language. I put mine up on auction with a too low starting price based on what I saw others doing. I did not know about the "reserve" type lising until later. Hann, you can't sell the painting framed for $40.00 (forty US dollars) because that is way way too low. Did I read your figure right? Did you put a "reserve" on it or did you put it up for auction? I like the way JJ started a story over your painting!

#97913 - 12/06/06 11:03 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Hannelore,

Beautiful painting...I love the beach and it's just like being there...you are amazing!

#97914 - 12/06/06 11:23 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Louisa Offline

Lynnie, I think she said $40,000. I used to sell my paintings. I even had commissions once in a while. I much preferred selling one I had already painted. Less pressure. We have several good art guilds in our area. At the time, I belonged to a couple of them and entered shows through them. Most of the ones I sold were to someone who had seen one and wanted it. I never did an selling over the Internet. I didn't have that venue then. I don't have the time for painting now. Maybe when I retire I will pick up a brush again.
Louisa

#97915 - 12/07/06 12:52 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Princess Lenora Offline

Louisa, do you miss painting? My neighbor suggested I do a painting for them on commission, but I don't have the confidence to take that on. I like art guilds. The art guild I belonged to in Missouri was so very helpful and encouraging. Now that I discovered my inner artist that was dying to come out, I can't imagine not painting. I have plenty of time, but I don't use it wisely. Hey, artists, don't you think that just getting the supplies are fun? Hann, do you do a "certificate of authenticity?"

Edited by Lynnie (12/07/06 12:54 AM)

#97916 - 12/07/06 09:43 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

No Lynnie, I have never heard of that. Isn't my signature on the painting enough? Can you tell me more about the certificate of authenticity? I try to hold back on the oil tubes…got a collection of dried ones.

Lynnie, a vernissage is an art show. Either you display just your paintings or you can share with another artist. You can do the showing in a gallery, banks and some large stores have them in their stair wells.

You invite everyone you know with posted invitations to the vernissage opening. There you may have a musician or little combo jazz band. You serve Champaign and snacks. People get all dressed up for these occasions. They walk around, study your paintings with or without their spectacles, while holding long cigarette holders, whether they smoke or not, and pretend to be very debonair.
No, just kidding. There are some normal people here too.

#97917 - 12/07/06 12:20 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Poppie Offline

Mornin' Hannelore...great idea about selling the oil painting..though I wouldn'n have a clue about costing and so. Lynnes ideas sound good though.
The coastline is here at home in The North of Ireland. Ballycastle is where I work every summer as a volunteer in a centre Called Corrymeela. The site is founded around the idea of peace and reconciliation and I work with all different types of disavantaged community groups. Google Corrymeela and it will tell you all about it. I am attempting to post a pic of the sunset...seen most evenings in Corrymeela in the summer. Good luck with the sale.

Popea
''Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love

#97918 - 12/07/06 12:59 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Popea,

What a beautiful picture...and what a beautiful place to be every summer!

#97919 - 12/07/06 01:44 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

And God's eyes slowly open....

What a beautiful picture, Popea!

#97920 - 12/07/06 02:48 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

What a peaceful place to have such a center for a Corrymeela community. And what a worthwhile mission you do here Popea. I read the link with great interest. This wasn't the community where you had membership problems, or was it? Well, it's good to know that everything has worked out for you.
Your photograph would be a perfect model for a watercolor. Do you paint, Popea?

Edited by Hannelore (12/07/06 02:48 PM)

#97921 - 12/07/06 04:03 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
That is beautiful. Makes me want to visit you!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97922 - 12/07/06 06:06 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Dianne]
Poppie Offline

Hi ladies...yes it is a wonderful place to work for some time in the summer. I have been doing it since I was fifteen or so. Firstly as part of a school group. I volunteered about two years later, and I go up every summer when possible. I thought after applying for a job in the centre last year, I was being discriminated against and that they were bieng unintentionally homophobic. I stewed in that for a while...then asked the director outright. He assured me that it had not been the case. We talked at great length and they do recognise my commitment to the ministry there. The director wants me to chat with him(probably next summer) about different and more suitable positions in the future.
I paint a little and prefer the use of pastels Hannelore....I also have to brush up on my design skills, which will mean I will be painting again very soon.
The spot where the picture was taken is the same spot I sit and reflect every evening when I am working there.
JJ, that was one of the places I wanted to take you...had you made it across the border...it is just around the corner from The Giants Causeway. Next time...eh.

If ya'll decide to visit....just look us up and we'll more than happily be your tour guides.

Popea

#97923 - 12/07/06 06:32 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

And she means it to, the woman has a heart of gold. JJ

#97924 - 12/07/06 07:13 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: jawjaw]
Poppie Offline

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))JJ.

#97925 - 12/08/06 03:32 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Poppie]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hann, I just never heard that word before! I just call it an "opening" or in the days of Greenwich Village NYC bohemia, it was called a "happening." Hey, did JJ meet Popea and Celtic in Ireland? Is this true? Am I just figuring this out? Do tell us more!

#97926 - 12/08/06 03:43 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Unfortunately, no. We never got to the Northern shores of Ireland. It was a case of our money running out wayyyyy before I time did. Sigh....But we've corresponded here and in private and I can tell you, Popea is a kind and sensitive person. I would stake a weeks salary on it.

#97927 - 12/09/06 03:03 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Princess Lenora Offline

Hann, you could google "Certificate of Authenticity." See what comes up. I also saw a link to a CofA via the ebay art community "chat" room. My watercolor teacher sells many originals. On the back of each painting is a CofA. It says that she is the one true artist and that this painting is not a reproduction. I would not worry about that myself because no one is likely to want to reproduce my production!

#97928 - 12/10/06 08:11 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

HO ho, one person is actually "watching" my painting on Ebay. He's probably laughing his but off at my price. Hubby says he hope so, he doesn't want to sell anyway...
We'll see!

#97929 - 12/11/06 12:59 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Wow... it's just gorgeous! You are so talented!
Donna

#97930 - 12/11/06 01:09 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hannelore, absolutely beautiful!

#97931 - 12/12/06 09:31 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Thank you Donna and Mustang Gal.

#97932 - 12/12/06 11:51 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

I think your husband better kiss it good-bye

#97933 - 12/14/06 05:35 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Hubby is dancing a happy jig. No sale. Oh well, I would have loved to have celebrated with you all. Maybe I'll ty again in a few months..and this time I'll start at $400.00 ?

#97934 - 12/16/06 09:44 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Louisa Offline

We were out last week and I saw this French Easel at Costco. It came with paints and brushes and all. Folds up nicely and nice to work with. I always wanted one when I painted but they were very expensive. Well, this one was nice and it was fairly cheap. I saw it before and wanted it, but figured I don't have room and don't paint anymore. I mentioned to Santa that I REALLY would like to have it. Maybe I will paint again some day soon.

Louisa

#97935 - 12/16/06 11:19 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Louisa, We bought that one (or very similar) at our Costco here for my stepdaughter's birthday in September. She's still delighted with it.

(Maya Angelou)

#97936 - 12/17/06 01:48 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Eagle Heart]
Louisa Offline

So you know the one I mean? I thought it was so cool. It made me want to paint again. Anything we've ever gotten at Costco has been great. My husband is a walking Costco commercial. I used to have a really nice stand up easel and a table-top one. I still have a tripod one for outdoors, but I never liked it. The French ones are so much nicer. I like that it folds up too. I can just see me out on the deck painting in the late spring/early summer.

#97937 - 12/17/06 09:18 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Edelweiss Offline

Shhh, tell you a secret, Louisa, ...sleep with your Santa, and he'll grant you every wish.

#97938 - 12/20/06 09:36 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

You hussy!

I missed this thread and have to gush over your talent. My word, woman! You are amazing. Wow! Get those pics out into the world!

If you can write you can paint? Uh, I don't think so. I can't even draw a stick figure.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97939 - 12/21/06 12:27 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Dianne]
Princess Lenora Offline

Louisa, I am so in favor of you started to paint again. I know the easel at Costco. Go for it girlfriend! Did I mention that a really good book to jump start your artist self for the new year is "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron? Dianne, I do not have the talent to wear the kind of shoes you wear. Call me Ms. Birkenstock!

#97940 - 12/21/06 12:38 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

I'm itching to paint again, Lynnie. I think all this talk about it is making me want to. Then when I saw that easel...it was like a sign

One of my last paintings was of the former home of Jackie Kennedy, Hammersmith Farm in Newport, RI. I took the photo while visiting and started to paint it. I have always wanted to finish my Veranda Lady. I called it that because it was a view of the veranda and I was going to stick me in the painting on the veranda. I haven't painted since I've been married. My work is all signed in my old name. There's a big box under the tree, but I can't get to it to shake it. It has too many things on top of it.

Louisa

#97941 - 12/21/06 06:26 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

No talent required, Lynnie. Just a lot of practice, which I love!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97942 - 01/23/07 05:06 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Loc: British Columbia, Canada
Hope you also post paintings on anything you see in Germany?

Your technique is coming along well..

#97943 - 01/23/07 08:19 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

orchid, don't quite understand your question. Post paintings on what I see in Germany? Or post my own paintings?

#97944 - 01/24/07 03:59 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Hannelore, I simply was curious to know if you painted anything to reflect anything you saw/experienced in Germany? Living in a foreign country is a rare opportunity.

#97945 - 01/24/07 09:23 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

Oh yes, I have painted German landscapes. If you like I can take some pictures and post them too. I like the way you presented your paintings in the slide show.
How'd you do that?? Could you send me a link on that, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks Orchid.

#97946 - 01/25/07 04:22 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
orchid Offline

Quote:

Oh yes, I have painted German landscapes. If you like I can take some pictures and post them too. I like the way you presented your paintings in the slide show.
How'd you do that?? Could you send me a link on that, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks Orchid.

I'm sorry-- my partner posted to the Internet. He does this only 1-2 times per year and even has to play around to refresh his memory....

#97947 - 01/25/07 08:13 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: orchid]
Edelweiss Offline

That's okay. I'll see if I can figure it out myself; good brain jogging.

#97948 - 01/25/07 08:25 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Loc: USA
Hannilore, it looks like a MS [Office] Power Point document. If it isn't, you could create one using Power Point.

#97949 - 01/25/07 08:26 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Thanks gimster. I'll check that out.

#97950 - 01/26/07 09:45 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

Quote:

Thanks gimster. I'll check that out.

I played with Power point last night... it was infuriating at first, but kind of fun after figuring out what did what. I made me a presentation for starters. Enjoyed it so much, I went on and made one of your picture in its different lighting stages. It's a bare bones presentation, but I emailed it to you before I put my PC through maintenance. Hope you don't mind me using your email addy from your profile.

#97951 - 01/26/07 01:09 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: gims]
Edelweiss Offline

Gimster, just checked my mail. Wow, aren't you the computer whiz! Thank you so much for taking your time to do that for me. HUGS!

You must present your own paintings here!

Ladies...got to check Gimster's work of art! They are fabulous! . Hope she'll post them here soon!

Check out this link: http://photobucket.com/
I think you can download presentations there, and then upload it from there onto your post.

#97952 - 01/26/07 09:54 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
gims Offline

NP... It was an early morning (2:30 A.M. CST) learning experience. I frequently have problems sleeping and will come to my computer to iron out my thought patterns... Can't get the stupid thing to SHUT UP! DH must have been extremely tired last night, because his snoring was loosening the door hinges, and when I woke up, I couldn't get back to sleep. Every so often, I'll take my pillow and blankie to the couch, but usually, I'll grab my green tea and park my b*** at the 'puter until day breaks or I get sleepy again.
I tried photobucket (where I store my stills), but wasn't happy with the .jpg quality on the slideshow. Plus, all the noise around the presentation takes away from the subject matter. Maybe, I need to work with it some more, see if I can polish it up.
((((HUGS))) back atchya...

#97953 - 01/26/07 10:34 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: gims]
gims Offline

TESTING.... content may be deleted if the pic quality is as bad as I think it might be.
didn't work

Edited by gimster (01/26/07 10:34 PM)

#97954 - 04/30/07 12:11 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: gims]
ShirleyValentine Offline

Hannelore your painting is excellent and I love the way it's framed too!

I do a bit of watercolour these days, having not done any painting while son was growing up (no time, no peace!), and I started again a year or so ago at a waterclour class, which I love, but I can't find a way to upload pics to this website?

#97955 - 04/30/07 12:37 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: ShirleyValentine]
SharonE Offline

Loc: Australia/ U.S. websites
Hannelore,
I just came across this post. What a magnificent painting, absolutely stunning. You should do more, lots more... you have such a remarkable talent!
I just love how you have captured this scene and brought it to life. You must love the ocean too. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
For U.S. Baby Boomers: www.babyboomerexpress.com

#97956 - 04/30/07 03:31 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: SharonE]
Edelweiss Offline

Gee thanks gals ... ...

I wonder if those stormy waters...with those two people in the boat was an omen.....

uuuuh...I just spooked myself.

#97957 - 04/30/07 08:51 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
Omen or not, the painting is beautiful. and really does change during the day! I love water, the ocean, lakes..my special place here in sweden is by a small lake where the vikings lived many many years ago. this year i could take pictures of the changes as spring came to the lake. i had to buy a new cell because i washed one in the machine and burned the other one..all in one week i can´t paint..but i like to take fotos and some of them are ok.

Come to think of it, maybe your painting wasn´t an omen. Rather you were painting from your heart. And the heart/soul is always wiser than the mind. Remember the song, summer of 69?? I am listening to it now..smiling and thinking of you!!!! You mentioned your books in your long mail in another forum, i know. sorry!..that you took to the hotel.. i call them my "think books". What are your favorites in that bunch? I have them by my bed..Louise Hays and Melody Beattie are my favorites. Our cd is on random..springsteen now "wait for me" (should i fall behind, wait for me..) I should be writing this elsewhere I know.

Take care of yourself! Hope you can paint now, i am sure it will help you... get it all out, whatever it is!

#97958 - 05/01/07 06:09 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: humlan]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

All I can say is wow! I can't even draw a stick figure.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97959 - 05/05/07 01:50 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Dianne]
humlan Offline

Loc: Sweden
sorry..about my think books..she´s louise hay, not hays..

#97960 - 05/05/07 03:46 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: humlan]
Edelweiss Offline

Humlun, I brought Coming of Age...All Over Again and a book about divorce and another one "Can your marriage be saved." Gee, do I sound schizophrenic or what?

I'll check out Louise Hays and Melody Beattie books. Thanks for the tip.

By the way I loved reading about your description on the May first bonfires. It's so interesting reading about other traditions in European countries. They celebrate May first here too, by dancing on the streets around Maypoles.

And about my painting…I feel very flattered. Thank you.

#97961 - 05/08/07 07:15 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Madalyn Offline

Love this Hannelore, the colors are so relaxing and makes you feel like you're really there! Love it

Madalyn

#97962 - 08/09/07 06:28 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
Dee Offline

Whoa...goodness Hannelore, how awesome you are. I LOVE your paintings...that's what I love about these forums...we keep learning new things about each other all the time. Are you painting anything at the moment? Share with us, please.

#97963 - 08/09/07 06:05 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Dee]
Edelweiss Offline

Ha! I forgot this post is still around. Weeel golly gee, Dee, if you insist, I suppose I can post a few more photos of my paintings.

I just bought a new camera. The manual is as thick as a Webster dictionary. With my technical aversions; I'll need time, tranquilizers, and a couple of yoga courses to figure the darn thing out.

Your compliments have got my creative genes motivated again. Thank you.

#97964 - 08/10/07 04:56 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Dee Offline

You're welcome sweetheart. Just let me know so I can check them out. Isn't it amazing how much information is crammed into a tiny book with writing the size of a pin head? I have a digital camera that does things I'll never figure out and like you will need tranquilizers to get through it all.
Anyway, Hannelore, I can't wait to see what you're doing now...keep me posted. Gosh, you're an awesome painter!!!!

#97965 - 08/20/07 12:23 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
CaroMcK2 Offline

Wow! Your paintings are superb! How long have you been painting? You must love it ~ Your "light" shines through the paintings ~ You are gifted, my dear!

#97966 - 08/20/07 05:53 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: CaroMcK2]
Edelweiss Offline

Thank you so much Carol. Boy I'm glad we got the blushing graemlin here...I've been using it alot.
Do you sell your paintings? You know what my absolute dream is? A small cosy art gallery with my paintings and those of my friend's in Rockport, Ma.. I'm sitting in a rocking chair with a great book on my lap. A three legged table with hot or cold fruit tea for visitors, who just are browsing through, stands next to me. If I sell a painting, great...and if I don't,… who cares. sigh…bliss…. Oh, I almost forgot the ocean view. That is a must.

#97967 - 08/20/07 07:28 PM Hannelore Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
CaroMcK2 Offline

Well, another dream that I visualized was similar to yours and now my art is in a gallery on Bearskin Neck ~ with view of the ocean ~ have sold some art, which is good for the 1st season, so I am pleased ~ You will have to come visit!

#97968 - 08/21/07 08:06 AM Hannelore Re: My oil painting [Re: CaroMcK2]
Edelweiss Offline

Carol, I just booked my flight. Hahahaha...scared ya?

This year my brother is coming to visit us...but I hope to be in the States next year and would love to stop by and meet you personally and see your art on Bearskin Neck.

I'm so happy you found this site!

#97969 - 08/22/07 12:15 AM Hannelore Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
CaroMcK2 Offline

Thanks ~ LOL ~ do let me know when you are around here would love to see you ! Enjoy your visit with your brother ~
I am happy I found this site too!
Hugs and Namaste.

#97970 - 08/22/07 03:09 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
Mountain Ash Offline

I too admire your paintings..such talent.I am enrolled for a class in September.I am a novice but love galleries so want to use paints myself.
Mountian ash

#97971 - 11/15/07 07:48 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Mountain Ash]
Countrygirl Offline

Loc: The wilds of Scotland, UK
Hannelore, I just came across this thread....all I can say is...WOWEEE!!! Your painting is so beautiful!! What a talented lady!

#97972 - 11/15/07 07:57 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Countrygirl]
ladyjane Offline

Loc: Southern Maine, USA
Countrygirl, thanks so much for bringing this forward because I must have missed it. Hannelore, my dear, I want them ALL ! So, so beautiful. So, in the living room you can really pretend you have your beach house? My dream has always been to live on the ocean, but it ain't ever gonna happen! I do live close to the ocean so I sit on the rocks and gaze a lot. What peace it brings, as your paintings do. So happy to have seen this!

#97973 - 11/16/07 09:23 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: ladyjane]
Edelweiss Offline

Gosh ladies, getting compliments is just the nicest way to start the day. Thank you so much.
I really miss painting, but as it is...I'm working on a live canvas;...my granddaughter,...till NEXT September; a lot of forming and creating to do there. It's more exhausting, that's for sure,...but beautiful and rewarding in every way.

#97974 - 11/24/07 09:42 PM Re: Baby Blankies [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am taking orders for my Baby Blankies again for Christmas. I aslo just finished and mailed out three others to ladies becoming Grandmas in Nov. and Dec. I also take orders for full size afghans in colors you order. Just a reminder.

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97975 - 11/29/07 04:12 PM Re: Baby Blankies [Re: chatty lady]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My dog loves her blankie! Nestles down into it and is as contented as can be. Thanks Chatty!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97976 - 11/30/07 02:55 AM Re: Baby Blankies [Re: Dianne]
nevadaangel Offline

i have been learning to knit and crochet with a group that we get together once a week, i have made a bunch of baby blankets and donated them to a church who see that they get to needy familys, i love making the baby blankets and just didnt have that many people to give them out to so now I can make the blankets and then they get to babies that need them,

I have a cat though that claimed one blanket when i finished it so its hers to sleep with,

Donna aka Nevadaangel

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved