The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#97896 - 12/05/06 05:37 PM My oil painting
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie had asked me to post a link to my oil painting. The painting was my Christmas present to Hubby last year.

Well, here it is. Just click on the small pictures, to view a larger photograph.

I took pictures of the painting in various lighting. The mood alters at different times of the day.

I guess I would call it a 'mood' painting. By the way, the sky I painted is an actual sunset that took place across from our house. We have such spectacular sunsets, maybe because we're close to the Alps.

I also signed the painting, Lassar, which is my maiden name.

Okay, here it is::::dud, duh , duuuuh (trompets blowing, curtian is falling)
Changing Moods

#97897 - 12/05/06 06:41 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
WOW, how breathtaking. This woman can write, and she paints beautifully too. Is there anything you can't do my dear???

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97899 - 12/05/06 08:58 PM Re: My oil painting [Re: ]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Oh thank you! If I can't live near the ocean, then I have to paint it. It's almost the next best thing, I guess.

Chatty you paint and write! I believe, if you can write, then you can paint. Do the writers here agree? I know Louisa paints too.

#97900 - 12/06/06 02:54 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Edelweiss]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow, what a beautiful painting. I did not know that you are an artist as well. As for your question, I do call myself an artist and an author. I always always had a secret desire to paint. But my family was a business dynasty, and painting was strictly for a "lady of leisure" (my grandmother's exact words.) So I spent my more than 2 decades in business, feeling very unfulfilled. When I started writing my book, I needed an alternative to the tough topics I was writing about. I picked up books on watercolor painting, and started to paint by myself. In the moments of writing and painting, I indeed feel fulfilled. I'm finally trying to market my paintings, and just yesterday I put one on Ebay for the first time. Hannelore, do you do only oils or do you like other mediums?

Edited by Lynnie (12/06/06 02:55 AM)

#97901 - 12/06/06 03:10 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Hannelore, That is beautiful. And I love the way you have it framed. So unique. Yes, I paint, or should say painted. Haven't for a long time. I did mostly oils, some pastels now and then and tried charcoals and did some drawing. Tried watercolors, but never took to that particular medium. I painted for over 20 years, but gave it up a while back. Just don't have the time or the room for all the "stuff" anymore. Although I have such a place to paint here. I tried painting out on the deck once and enjoyed the people going by looking at "the artist." I even sold some and got a couple of ribbons in my "Picaso" days. And I do believe that one art crosses over to another or something like that.
Louisa

#97902 - 12/06/06 03:12 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Hannelore, I love what you do with light, the way you use it! Fabulous!!! I had no idea, girl. How long have you been painting? Are you selling them? Can you part with them?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#97903 - 12/06/06 03:19 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Louisa]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Breathtaking, Hannelore! What an amazing capture of colour and moment! Makes me want to be there (but not in the boat, I get seasick.)

Lynnie, I've seen some of your paintings and love your work. Do you have a link to the one you're selling on eBay?

(Maya Angelou)

#97904 - 12/06/06 04:36 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Eagle Heart]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Louisa, if you have the desire to do your art again, and if you have not read it already, I suggest "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron to get you jump-started again. I agree that Hanne.. painting has a great frame. Eagle, the item number on Ebay is 160059630227. When I figure out what the link is, I'll let you know. Thanks for asking.

#97905 - 12/06/06 06:01 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Hannelore, these are absolutely stunning! I love the frames, like windows looking out into another world.

Poet and essayist

#97906 - 12/06/06 07:07 AM Re: My oil painting [Re: meredithbead]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore: More! More! More! Paint some more! You surely have the talent for it. And many thanks for sharing the painting with us in various lighting. A true artist always allows the viewer to see the work in its best.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved