The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 115 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#97719 - 12/10/06 02:00 PM Re: for sale at BWS?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Isn't that strange? And when I mail "stuff" mine gets a tail wind out of here and arrives in 2-3 days, every time. That is so odd! I sent stuff with the higher rate ONE time because a girl had ordered 3 books and wanted them for her and her family to take to the beach with them. They were leaving by a certain day and needed them before they left. I paid extra. They arrive the day AFTER they left. The post office said, "whoops, sorry." That was it. No refund, no nutin'...Fortunately, they came back from the beach early and the books were there for them to finish out their vacation and read. Bad weather at the beach. I said then, never again. I'll use UPS next time or FedUP...I mean FedEx...sorry.

#97720 - 12/10/06 03:57 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
It is strange. I guess it depends on where it's coming from and the volume at the time. I don't understand the difference in pricing between PO's.
Louisa

#97721 - 12/10/06 04:23 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I actually checked US postal rates online so that I could have a fair idea of what shipping costs would be and gosh, I came away from their website confused than enlightened. Too many variable rates to apply. I understand why there would be different rates. Postal workers probably are just as baffled.

#97722 - 12/10/06 05:25 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
It was the same way when we were in Ireland. Every place we went to mail stuff had a different rate for the cards we mailed. It got to be a joke.

#97723 - 12/10/06 09:56 PM Re: for sale at BWS?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I send everything 'first call' for safety reasons. If its important enough to mail, I want to feel confident of its arrival. Book or Media mail goes fourth class and the recipient could grow a beard waiting for it to arrive...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97724 - 12/11/06 01:32 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: chatty lady]
Louisa Offline

I usually ship first class, too. I agree, media or book takes too long.

#97725 - 12/12/06 12:06 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Louisa Offline

Ok. Today I went to the PO again and asked about the book rate or media mail. The man said they don't do it internationally but they do still do it in the US. Now, that's NOT what the woman told me the other day, but at least he explained some of it. He said, if I was sending it locally to Boston or something like that, it would get there the next day and if I was sending it to FL or MD it might take 2-3 days but4-5 if it was to the west coast. Strange, but when I do first class, that's about how long it takes, so I don't know. I think they are guessing.

Louisa

#97726 - 12/12/06 03:03 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
BWSisters, we are so LUCKY that our LOLA in Englad wants to read our books! Each of us has a very different book. Mine is so serious, while JJ's is a humor. Thank you LOLA for your interest in what we are writing here in the USA. I took my book to the post office and told the clerk "How much to send this to London?" and he gave me the aforementioned information. (see above post) I have sent stuff overseas by boat, and it took up to 3 months. Never again will I do that! Oh, the clerk did say there is no media mail for international. Just slow boat or fast air. I also had media mail in the US take FOREVER to get to its destination, and the books arrived torn and tattered, even though I used a bubble wrap. So, that's the scoop on my end!

#97727 - 12/12/06 03:23 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
Louisa Offline

And mine is somewhere in between

The clerk at the PO called it an "air letter."

Louisa

#97728 - 12/12/06 05:26 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Would there be a difference if books were sent off as parcel post? The UK still have book rates under "printed matter" with flat rates against weight, 1st & 2nd class, air/surface mail. Remember "84 Charing Cross Road"? The US postal service does not seem to have resolved from then so, we're in good company.

Postage aside. I was able to purchase Meredith's book by way of PaylPal through an account outside her business website. That was quite straightforward and fast with no surcharges like Western Union or other agents akin to it. Faster than "snail mail" as well. Eagle has also just posted a request at the Tech forum relating to adjustment of shipping costs on her PayPal to accommodate direct overseas orders which could be another possibility to be explored for the proposed sales forum.

As BWS grows further and membership increases overseas, so would interest in your books. We currently have friends from as far as New Zealand and Australia. So, the potential for a wider readership is there for all of you. The many books that have been written by BWS writers, as I have discovered by reading about most of them and in correspondence with you at the forums, have been written from the heart and touch on particular subjects which have universal spirit, thoughts and application. I am sure that there will be a few more from overseas in the future who will be as happy as I am to have a copy of some, if not most, of the books here. May all continue to write and I am looking forward to all your books in all forms of literature, prose and poetry.

And, JJ: You are so very kind. Truly da Queen!

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved