The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 160 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#97709 - 12/07/06 03:44 AM Re: for sale at BWS?
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thanks Dotsie.

#97710 - 12/09/06 05:40 AM Re: for sale at BWS?
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Lola, I thought I sent you a PM but apparently I did not hit the send button. I found the WU closest to me. I brought the book into the PO and asked how much to London. Fast is $10.00. Slow boat is 5.00 and that means 4-5 weeks. PM me and let me know what you'd like to do. You will have a great collection of books from babyboomers in your homeland!

#97711 - 12/09/06 06:44 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Princess Lenora]
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Lola, my book is available only through me, and OF COURSE every copy is signed! Businesswoman that I am, I take all forms of legal USA payment except for food stamps, first-borns, and ex-husbands (there's a reason why they're EX!) Since it's paperback, shipping would be $3.35 airmail letter post (4-7 days.)

Ladies in the USA, if you have a scale, you can figure out postage at home at www.usps.com Be sure to weigh it with packaging.

Poet and essayist

#97712 - 12/09/06 10:04 AM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: meredithbead]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Lola,

My book is available signed through my website. Like most of these ladies, I take credit cards over the web (not paypal) and I take checks...I agree with Lola on the first-borns and ex-husbands...food stamps I might consider!

And Bertha would love to go to London to see the Queen...sorry JJ...there is another one!

#97713 - 12/09/06 01:09 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I went to the PO and was told there isn't a book rate anymore unless you are shipping several books at a time. She told me $5 from here to London and it would take about a week. Of course, our books don't all weigh the same.
Louisa

#97714 - 12/09/06 03:07 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That's odd Louisa. My post office charges a book rate (media mail) and it's the same each time unless it is going to Canada or overseas. Then it's higher and you have to fill out a customs form. Go figure!

#97715 - 12/09/06 07:59 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: jawjaw]
Louisa Offline

Maybe I had to say "media mail" instead of book rate? You hav eto spell things out for some people. But, I asked her to weigh it and tell me how much it would cost to send it to London, first class AND book rate. She said there's no book rate anymore unless you are sending a lot of books. I thought it was strange, but didn't question her further. She might have gone postal on me if she thought I didn't believe her. It would probably take a month to get there if it didn't go first class. When I sent it all over the states, I used first class and it cost under $2, but I can't remember the exact amount.

Louisa

#97716 - 12/09/06 11:51 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
I must apologise for posting this here but find it more expedient than indiviual PM's as the information falls under same circumstances. Do I take it that all quotes are final and inclusive of air mail postage to London? I went to Western Union today and "que horror" they were charging me £12.00 per transaction! As a result, US$ Amex Travellers Cheques by "signed for delivery priority mail" will be sent off on Monday for the books. Post offices close at 1:00 P.M. on Saturdays here. Post should reach you by Friday if not sooner. Many thanks.

#97717 - 12/10/06 01:23 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Lola]
Louisa Offline

Yes. That's fine with me Lola. Thank you.
Louisa

#97718 - 12/10/06 01:55 PM Re: for sale at BWS? [Re: Louisa]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I mail packages at least once a week using two of our local post offices. I have gotten differing price quotes so many times, I can't believe it.

I have tried Media Mail and was not impressed. Some things took three weeks to get to the other side of the counrty. Never again. And when they did arrive, they were tattered.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved