The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#97247 - 12/02/06 02:54 AM A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
A Parents Wish
For those of us who have aging parents or for those of us who are parents who are aging ourselves, this is a wonderful presentation. Be sure to have your sound turned up (and no, nothing will jump out and scare you - I promise!). The music behind the presentation is Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up", which, if you have never heard the song before - it is absolutely beautiful! Anyway, take a moment to enjoy.

http://parentswish.com/site01/big.html <http://parentswish.com/site01/big.html>

God Bless!

#97248 - 12/02/06 03:21 AM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: 49erDonna]
Pam R. Offline

Oh 40erdonna, thank you! I have seen this quite recently forwarded from a workmate. It is lovely and yes, with aging parents this surely hits home. And I love Josh Groban. It is quite a tearjerker.

#97249 - 12/02/06 08:41 PM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: Pam R.]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Donna. I showed this video clip to my Hubby .

If anyone should see it, he should. (He has problems with my mother).
After he watched the video, he said, that video still has to be written yet, to stomach my mother!
Ooooh He made me so mad! Well, today we were invited to a baptism. Mom drove with us in our car. I was so mad at him, I didn't speak to him the entire way.
Hubby seemed to pay more attention to Mom, though ! Like that's a milestone!
I guess the video helped, at least for this afternoon. Thank you, so much for posting it.

#97250 - 12/02/06 11:32 PM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: Edelweiss]
49erDonna Offline

Loc: California
Hannelore,
How wonderful that the little video might have helped the relationship between your husband and your mother. WOuldn't that be great.

It must be tough for you to see the relationship between the two people you love be strained. I hope it improves!

Donna

#97251 - 12/03/06 12:52 PM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: 49erDonna]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Donna: What a beautiful reminder! What came to mind was a day a few years ago when a friend and I came across an elderly woman whilst walking in the park. We found her sat in a bench, sobbing. She could not remember the words to The Lord's Prayer. We wrote it down for her future use and prayed and chatted with her. She had an incredibly beautiful life story to tell. A former nurse at St Barts, she was also a Wren. She spoke of a London of the past and how it emerged from the rubble of WWll, its progress throughout the many years before and since. She has no family left and lives alone. There are many elderly folks out here with same circumstances. For many, it is a lonely life. For many, they submit to the fact that they may have been "forgotten". Sadly, both my parents are gone but, that need not be a barrier to the lesson which you have shared which could generally apply in relating to other elderlies. Many thanks.

#97252 - 12/03/06 06:11 PM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
OH yes, Donna it is tough. Thank you for your well wishes.

Lola, what a touching story. How very good it was for that poor lady, that you and your friend were there for her.

#97254 - 12/03/06 09:21 PM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: ]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, Hannelore: There are so many elderlies that need company. A sad way to live the remaining years after having lived a full and vibrant life.

Hi, Anne: Don't think you'd be alone. You can come live with me. We can grow old together.

#97255 - 02/04/07 12:22 AM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: Lola]
madhatter Offline

Loc: North Florida
This made me cry. A lot of things do that, anymore. The part about an elder stating they want to die...wow.

My mom is 90, and she is dear to me. I was her caboose child. Now, I am her engine...

#97256 - 03/02/07 03:27 PM Re: A Parent's Wish... get out the hankies [Re: madhatter]
Emyjay Offline

Thank you, so much, for posting this touching link. This has come at a time when I was beginning to lose patience with my mother-in-law. I am married to an only child and do wish that there was another sibling or sibling in law to help us with her growing needs.

Thank you, again.

Emily in Maryland

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved