The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97089 - 12/02/06 01:26 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: jawjaw]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, I signed up for your newsletter, browsed your site, and laughed along with you while reading all you had to offer. Did someone help you put your media kit together?

#97090 - 12/02/06 01:34 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,

Thank you for signing up for the newsletter. Bertha loves getting to go to different places...I think she snoops in their closets at night and tries on the shoes...you may want to close the doors...

And I'm especially glad that you laughed during your visit. My whole purpose with the website and the services that I offer is to uplift and encourage women. Your laughter says it's working.

My publisher helped a lot with the media kit. She gave me a list of everything that should go in it, a sample of someone else's and then edited the stuff that I put in there. She has been very helpful with all of that.

#97091 - 12/02/06 02:50 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Hey, Guys

I'm off to a book signing with none other than da Queen! Wish us luck that our trunks will be empty and our pockets full when we return.

#97092 - 12/02/06 04:33 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hey I'm sorry to side track Jane for a moment, but I am curious about something JJ said. JJ, you said you were about to rectify the insurance dilemma. Since insurance is a problem for many of us who work part time or at home or whatever, would you care to share how you are rectifying this? Maybe in another forum. Thanks, Lynn

#97093 - 12/02/06 06:02 PM Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Allison_Bottke Offline
Author/Speaker/Diva

Loc: Minnesota
Yo Jane!

A tree fell on your power line? That's a good one. Why didn't I think of that? hahahahaha. Technology...dontcha just love it? Just checked out your web site, lookin' good! I may not have time to respond a whole lot this month, but I'll be reading over everyone's shoulders! Have a blessed weekend to all!

Allison Bottke
www.godallowsuturns.com

#97094 - 12/02/06 07:14 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Allison_Bottke]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Wow Jane, I'm so impressed! Write on! And have fun while you two are on the road! Oh, and don't forget to report back and let us know how everything went!

#97095 - 12/02/06 09:40 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
All 3 of you have safe and profitable journeys...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#97096 - 12/03/06 12:07 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

We're back...it went pretty well...we had a ball and sold some books...who could ask for more!

Allison,
I had to get creative on that one! Thanks for checking out the website.

Writing is the most fun job! Where else could you get paid for making stuff up and sitting around in your pajamas all day long?

I just stopped by a Christmas open house at the house where I raised my daughters. It's over 100 year old Victorian. The current owners have done some beautiful things there. Funny, I ran into the owner before me when I was leaving...I guess we were all curious! It really brought back some fond memories.

#97097 - 12/03/06 12:25 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

A fun day was had by all. Yes, we sold a few books and got to meet another local author who is a hoot. She is younger than us, but you just HAD to love her. She's got that personality that dares you not to like her. What fun she was! Didn't you think so too, Jane?

Jane is a lot of fun to accompany ANY where. Several members of MY family dropped by and they took to her right off. I knew they would.

Lynnie, to answer you question, Blue Cross/Blue Shield has a new (somewhat new) program call Blue something or other. I'll have to find the link for you. Anyway, it is for people without coverage. The deductible is high, and it doesn't cover dental, but the coverage other than that, is pretty good. As good as what I had before. I don't need dental because my dentist is a family friend and my sister works for him. I get a discount there and can pay monthly.

The insurance coverage will cost me around $247, or $274 a month, depending on which deductible I choose. (Remember, I only have to cover ME). There is more than one option. The price depends on where in the country you live. I'll find the link and post it here. Jane won't mind. I know stuff on her.

#97098 - 12/03/06 12:52 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I think open enrollment ended 11/30 but I'm not sure...hey insurance coverage is near and dear to all of our hearts!

I sold a book at the open house that I went to. Right in my old dining room. Never miss an opportunity!

JJ's sisters are nice...they don't look a thing like her but they look like each other...and her Mama is adorable!

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved