The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 171 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97179 - 12/20/06 12:47 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Kathy,

Aren't you good at deligation?! Unfortunately, I'll have to pass for the same reasons...anyone else want to give it a try? We can serve as consultants...and we're expensive!!!!!LOL

#97180 - 12/20/06 06:59 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jane, I just listened to your interview at byforaboutwomen.com. I enjoyed hearing your voice which is smooth, soft, soothing and southern! A couple of points you made stuck out for me: 1) "I love my life." I dreamed of living in CO since 1972 but life events took me to 8 other states before I got here 2 years ago. Whenever I am driving and seeing Pike's Peak, I exhale: I love my life! 2) "the cat on the bed re: fear." Yes, I too have to make the bed even thought the dog(s) think I'm playing! Your metaphor for the cat being fear, and making the bed anyway, is great! You are so creative with your metaphors! Thanks, Lynn

#97181 - 12/20/06 07:12 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Lynn,

Thanks for sharing...I'm glad that we resonate in our experiences and our beliefs...and I love your description of my voice...makes me smile...thanks!

#97182 - 12/21/06 03:16 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Isn't it sad when you have a great idea, but don't have the money to invest? Then a couple years later, you see your idea as you're strolling down the street... Ross and I had the idea to invent a stroller for the sand. You know, a four wheel drive stroller? About two years later, we found one. Now tons of people have them for the beach. Urg.

Jane has a great voice and is an excellent interviewer. She sticks with the topic until you're finished, then gently moves to another one. Her interviews flow well.

#97183 - 12/21/06 03:28 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You Southern Peaches have it made! Men as well as women, love to hear you talk. I went from Nashville where they drew out their words to Minnesota where they clip them off short. What a change.

I was working on my accent before we moved. Now, I talk like a mixture of everything.

Listen, you want to hear a heartbreaking story. Years ago my neighbor tried to get me to invest in a small company. I refused, didn't want to take the chance. The company? Starbucks!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97184 - 12/21/06 03:29 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Jane_Carroll Offline

Thank you Dotsie...I just realized that I did a brilliant post this morning...that is no where to be found...well, since it can't be found I can say it was brilliant.

My stroller idea was to make fun strollers that looked like cars and things for the mall...and yes, they are there and I didn't do them!

#97185 - 12/21/06 03:30 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Okay, here is the afore mention post...maybe not brillant...

Like most of you, I have a lot of work to do on my last official work day before the holidays. I'm also feeling somewhat uninspired. These are the kind of days that are difficult to do work that is creative...it's not something that you can just mindlessly plod along at...like housework...so I've put on a CD for inspiring creativity and lit my favorite candle for aroma therapy...and off I go...funny once I start writing...I keep writing...and I started with this post...

That reminds me of one of the first things I teach in writing class...be willing to write badly...don't expect a masterpiece everytime you sit down at the keyboard...just write something...

The music has inspired Bertha's creativity...she's got on a belly dancer outfit and yes, she's wiggling around the room...the cat just left in disguist...apparently too much belly and not enough dance...think I'll slip out, too!

Have an inspired day!

#97186 - 12/21/06 03:32 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Oh, Dianne...now that hurts!

#97187 - 12/21/06 07:20 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Dotsie, I always wished suitcases had wheels!

Oh man, Dianne Starbucks! My Dad passed a great opportunity to invest in Polaroid, way back when...gee if he had done that we would ....aaah dreams.

#97188 - 12/21/06 09:17 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
If I had a dime for every missed opportunity I would be a millionaire, but alas, its a paupers life for me...Ms Smart Ass...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved