The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 159 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97189 - 12/21/06 09:40 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: chatty lady]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
But you know...there are also a lot of things that sounded like a good thing at the time...that I wish I had passed on...

I am grateful that I did take the opportunity to write and publish and to pursue this as a fulltime career...it would have been so easy to talk myself out of it...of course it would be a lot easier to do if I had all that money from those funky mall strollers! Geez!

#97190 - 12/22/06 04:06 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Okay, I'm reading Bertha and completely enjoying it! A lot of very sage wisdom hidden in the cute and funny stories. Thank you for writing this! I'm going to pass it onto my daughter as soon as I'm finished.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97191 - 12/22/06 04:27 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dianne,

Thanks so much...I hope your daughter will enjoy it as well!

#97192 - 12/23/06 09:14 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Well, the celebrations have started. Hope you are all having a wonderful time with family and friends. Blessings to all!

#97193 - 12/25/06 12:19 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I've been spending time with my family...everything's quited down now and it's raining...a chance for a few flakes in the morning...a day late and a dollar short, as they say!

I remember the first Christmas we move back here in 1989... was newly divorced...my first official Christmas as a single mom...we lived in a 100 year old Victorian house that had a lot of magic (and a lot of structral issues!)...but when we got up on Christmas morning there was about 2" of snow...the first...and probably only white Christmas my dauhters ever had...the pictures I have of them standing on the porch in sheer delight are still some of my favorite...

Here's wishing you the same delight today!

Jane

#97194 - 12/26/06 12:18 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Okay, holiday is over and it's back to work and writing. I'm starting early because I am actually spending the day with my daughters today. I really don't need to except that I rarely get a chance to spend time with them anymore...so I'm taking it...and I'm excited!

And hopefully, I will be even more ready to write and do radio shows when I get back. I've missed the writing these last four days that I took off...it's like a part of me is missing...it's like missing a person almost...something just doesn't feel right when I don't write...

#97195 - 12/26/06 03:41 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
When I'm going to be away from home and away from my computer I bring along my journal. That way, if the inspiration to write overcomes me, I have someplace to put my thoughts.

I got to spend Christmas day with my daughter and her husband. It was nice to have them here. We don't get to see them as much as I'd like, but I do get to talk to my daughter nearly every day on the phone. We only live 30 miles apart, but the trip can take as much as an hour depending on traffic.

What's in store for Bertha in the new year?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#97196 - 12/26/06 03:54 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
I'm feeling an urge to write differently this year. I picked up Mary Oliver's new book -- she's such an amazing poet. And I'm reading the book "Swan" by Francis Mayes (under the tuscan sun). The words are so beautiful there. Because I've needed to crank out piece after piece this year, I feel a longing for rolling around with individual words, sliding through them until I find exactly the right one.

As I set up my calander this year, including free time, I'm going to include at least one hour a week to do this kind of non-for-profit, sensual writing, just to see what comes up.

Thanks for the inspiration, Jane.

#97197 - 12/26/06 06:07 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Casey]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I like reading your post Jane. I've read through this thread more than once because it always sparks something within. I now understand why you are such a great coach!

Hope you enjoy your day with your daughter.

JJ

#97198 - 12/27/06 01:51 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Vicki,

I know what you mean...I have one daughter who lives 40 miles away and one who is 600 miles away and sometimes I see them with the same frequency!

Bertha has a new book in the works...one that has been on the editing table for a while...I just realized why I don't like it...so now I'm ready to re-do it. Other than that, I have a book on relationships that Bertha wants to write...along with the radio show and coaching and I hope a lot of speaking engagements!

Casey,

I like the sound of that kind of writing, playing with words for no reason other than pleasure! I bet you'll come up with some great stuff. I'm also impressed with your calendar. You go girl!

JJ,
Thanks for the kind words...I'll be over tomorrow to clean the moat...no such thing as a free meal! LOL

Page 12 of 14 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved