The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97139 - 12/09/06 02:55 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
How did I miss this thread? Gads. I'm looking forward to hearing about all of your wonderful insight and wisdom this month. Must order your book and will do so today!

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97140 - 12/09/06 03:49 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dianne,

Thanks! Good to see your shining 'foot'...Bertha would love that shoe!

#97141 - 12/09/06 05:14 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Tell Bertha to come on over and we'll have a shoe party. She's welcome in my closet anytime! Going to listen to your show next.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97142 - 12/09/06 05:18 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Bertha will bring her latest nail polish...Sleighing Santa...sure to go great with your Vixen shirt!

Hope you enjoy the show.

#97143 - 12/09/06 11:11 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Wow, I am looking forward to getting to know you Jane. I have to say, between you and JJ, I think I want to move to Alabama now. Must be something in the water!

Cheers,
Cathi

#97144 - 12/09/06 11:26 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Wisdom&Life]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
I've been reading this thread on and off and it's sooo interesting. Jane, how great is it that you don't have a "day job" and can give all your energy to Bertha and the radio show, etc.! It seems that everything you did got you exactly where you want to be - almost (I know you have more goals). Did you have that plan all along? Do you have enough time now or are you like so many of us who don't seem to have enough time because of that pesky work thing?
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#97145 - 12/10/06 01:38 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Saundra]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Cathi,

We would love to have you in Alabama! Finding JJ only 40 miles away has been the best...even if she makes me clean the moat every Tuesday!

Saundra,

I wish I could say I was one of those people who had it all laid out and it just fell into place...but I'm one of those people who seems to fly by the seat of Bertha's spandex capris a lot of the time. It has taken everything in my life to get me to where I am today...the good and the bad.

I have always wanted to help people, that's why I became a nurse in the first place. Somewhere along the line, I realized that the technical part of nursing (procedures) wasn't what I enjoyed. I loved interacting with the people and helping them to feel better emotionally. I loved offering the comfort and laughter. The knowledge base and experience from nursing adds to my credibility and understanding of human nature.

I didn't have a clue that I wanted my own radio show...I just thought I wanted to be on Oprah so I would sell more books...Divine intervention, there!

There is never enough time to do everything that I want to do and feel like I need to do! I love having the flexibility of structuring my days. Like now I've been at my daughter's for a week and have gotten nothing done...no paid vacation here...got to get home and get some work done!

The funny thing is, I can start 'working' at 7am and at the end of the day feel like I've goofed off all day because I really love what I'm doing! I have to remind myself (and everyone else) that this really is work!

#97146 - 12/10/06 12:01 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Good morining Ladies,

I'm packing it up to drive home. It's about an 11 hour drive...which is great for thinking time but a little long on the sitting time!

It's been a great week with my daughter and granddaughter. I baby sat last night while they went to a Christmas party. It went pretty well...Bailey didn't want a bottle and chose to just go to bed without it...just like her mother!

I probably won't set the computer up when I get home, but I'll check in early in the morning so keep those cards and letters flowing and have a great day! We'll chat tomorrow.

#97147 - 12/10/06 11:33 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Saundra Offline

Loc: Daytona Beach, Florida
Great answer, Jane.

Do you use a tape recorder on your long drives for those great thoughts you have on the road? I know that when I don't write down my thoughts, I can lose them and never get them back. You'll look like those other people on the phone and no one will notice you dictating.
www.gotteethguide.com for your Free Tips

#97148 - 12/11/06 01:16 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Saundra]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Saundra,

It's funny that you asked that question. I've thought about it several times but I never remember to take a recorder with me. Sometimes I will jot things down...when I stop of course...I'd never do that while driving...LOL!

My sister used to have system for remembering things in the middle of the night. She kept shoulder pads in the drawer of her night stand...when she had an idea she would throw a shoulder pad in the floor to prompt her to remember the next morning...kept her from thinking about it all night...

It is amazing how much we forget. I forget even when I've written things down. I'll go back to that file or notebook later and see some wonderful idea that I had an never followed-up on.

Page 7 of 14 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved