The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 133 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97169 - 12/18/06 07:46 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Kathy,

How fun...a game...we can't wait! I think it's a hoot that the men are buying jammies and sheets...they're probably tired of striping the bed in the middle of the night!

Dotsie,

We've actually classified it as non-fiction...actually self-help...sort of like my hero Og Mandino who always wrote his wonderful self-help in a story format.

I started out strictly writing non-fiction, self-help and it was boring, even to me. That's when Bertha was born and all the chapters became Bertha stories. As Bertha says, "It's only self-help if they read it!"

My desire is to reach those women who wouldn't read a traditional self-help book...and of course those who would--love Bertha, too!

#97170 - 12/19/06 03:43 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Several years ago I had a silk flower arrangement made at a local florist. The owner was a friend of mine and I was so impressed with the arrangement that I asked if she had made it...she replied, "No, my husband did." I then asked him if he had taked special floral design training...he replied, "No, I signed the bank loan on the business!"

Recently, I've been thrust into a new area of writing. Writing copy. Funny, marketing has been my biggest freak out since starting this business...but since I've started hosting a radio show, I find that it's just part of it...if I want the show to be successful...I have to do it...

The neat part is...it's easier than I thought it would be...I guess because I didn't have time to think about it...it just had to be done, so I did it...

I think that is what is so amazing about us boomer women...not just writers but all of us...we are just jumping in there and doing what needs to be done...and in the meantime we are creating new businesses, new products and services, and just overall better lives for ourselves and those around us...

Okay, Bertha...get off the soapbox...

#97171 - 12/19/06 05:30 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Before I started my non-profit and website, I thought long and hard because it took a lot of energy and committment, not to mention a lawyer, etc. I think I dwelled on it for at least six months. Since then, I've let my non-profit status go and don't have a brick and mortar office. For me, it's easier to do it on the web and I believe it's a lot safer for the women too.

I'm famous for having great ideas but I'm not real strong in the carry it through arena so I have to really watch myself.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97172 - 12/19/06 07:08 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dianne,

I think you're right on both accounts...I have no desire to have an office outside of my house...then I'd just have two places to keep up! You're right about the women's safety, too.

Like you, I have more ideas than I have time...but I do love sorting through them and picking the ones I really want to do!

#97173 - 12/19/06 09:07 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Too many ideas! LOL! I like the concept of taking time off -- just not really good at it. I've put on my calendar that a task before the end of the year is to schedule free time in 2007. I keep seeing/hearing that message from many people, so I figure it's directed at me!

The current bizare idea running through my head is how to do network marketing with Wise Woman products and services. My mind does strange little channels!

I don't want an office outside my home -- I like the commute and low overhead too much! What I really want is a small suite in several good cities, Hawaii and Australia with someone who comes to open it up just before my arrival. LOL! I always figure if you are going to dream - dream BIG!

Blessings on all of you for the holidays.

#97174 - 12/19/06 10:14 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Casey]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Casey,

I just wrote you an eloquent reply and promptly lost it when my internet service blinked!

Maybe we should all work on taking time off in 2007...just to nurture ourselves. The problem is my boss (moi) is such a task master! I do know that I get more accomplished when I'm rested and refreshed...that said...I'll be happy to be the one to come and open your luxury suites before you get there...I'll stay a few weeks just to be sure everything is in working order...LOL...hey, if you're gonna dream...dream big...dreaming small is no fun!

#97175 - 12/19/06 10:15 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Oh, and good luck with your marketing ideas...listen to the goofy ones...sometimes they are the best!

#97176 - 12/20/06 12:48 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Well, bad news, Jane. Remember that Hot Flash Game I was getting in? Well it arrived today. I was so excited, and I invited my neighbor over to play it with me. I suppose if you had 4-6 wacky wine-drinking women it might be fun, but about 1/2 of the game cards just didn't stick with the hot flash/menopause theme. Very disappointing.

So now, I will not sell it on my site. Which means I have five games left - maybe I'll give them away as prizes, or to people ordering a certain amount, or something like that. Too bad; it looked like such a hoot.

#97177 - 12/20/06 04:07 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Kathy,

Now that you've got your mouth all set for a fun game (Mama's expression) you'll have to invent one! When can we expect it?

#97178 - 12/20/06 04:22 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
How funny, my neighbor and I said "We can do better than this!", but then we realized we don't have the capital to invest, and I must focus on other things. I'll let YOU develop the new game, and then write a book about the experience!

Kathy

Page 10 of 14 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved