The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 158 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97199 - 12/27/06 05:40 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, while reading your book, I couldn't help but think of this town in Baltimore called Hamden. All the ladies there dress like Bertha. Honestly. You must go to this link and check it out.

Be sure to browse the Cafe Hon site a bit to see more. It's such a great place to visit. Some of the photos are from the Hon Fest. Boy would I love to go to that with my boomer sisters. It's a laugh riot. My friend that I've known since second grade, and I have been and we we're threatening to enter the Hon Contest. 2007 could be our year.

http://cafehon.ezsitemaster.com/page/1dbhu/HonFest___Events.html

Cafe Hon even has a HUGE pink flamingo on the front of the bar and restaurant. It is owned by a womena who has revitalized the ares. Hamden now consists of tons of businesses that mainly consist of women owners. If anyone comes to visit me, we'll definitely go there to get a taste of old Bawdemore Hon!

#97200 - 12/27/06 05:42 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Be sure to scroll down and look at the pixtures (that's how they say it in Bawdemore). Do they look like Bertha or what?

#97201 - 12/28/06 12:50 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Dotsie,

How can you be sure that redhead isn't Bertha? I love the images that people get of Bertha. How old do you think she is?

#97202 - 12/28/06 03:03 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Bertha is a perpetual 32 year old.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#97203 - 12/28/06 03:22 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
29. What a great event. How much fun would that be? We could have a Boomer Fest there. What was the book that a woman from the south wrote about her club...sweet potatoe queens or something? Bertha would fit in perfectly.

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97204 - 12/28/06 06:59 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dianne]
Jane_Carroll Offline

People usually say that Bertha is whatever age they are...Vicki and Dianne...are you telling us you aren't really boomers?!

A boomer sister party would be fun...can we all stay with you Dotsie...we'll bring sleeping bags!

#97205 - 12/28/06 09:24 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

I'm up for it.

Didn't you just love the photos of all those Bertha's? Ross and I went to Cafe Hon for dinner last night, then went to see the Christmas lights in the city. I could have sworn Bertha was the hostess!

Jane, how long ago did you learn about the Law of Achievement and how much of what you learned tied into your book?

#97206 - 12/29/06 01:55 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dotsie,

I did love the photos of the Bertha's...and I wondered where she was last night! I hope she got good tips!!

I first learned about LOA after I had started writing the first Bertha and it did play a large part in the content of the book. I think one of the biggest things for me was to take responsibility for my life, including the things that weren't the way I wanted them to be. I tended to feel like a victim a lot before that...and there was always somebody else to blame...ex-husbands topped the list!

The message that I really wanted to get across...underneath the spandex and high-heels...is that our thoughts and attitudes and beliefs really do influence the quality of our lives...if we want a better life then we have to begin to have better thoughts.

It's a process. We can't go from total negativity to Pollyana in one day. That's why Bertha still has a few issues with insecurities. The important thing is to continually make that effort to find a better, kinder thought about yourself and others.

Get off the soapbox, Bertha...aren't your feet tired from working at Cafe Hon?!

#97207 - 12/30/06 03:14 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Jane, you definitely accomplished your mission with that book. What I found interesting is that lots of what you included in your book, I've learned in Bible studies, prayer group and at church. Cool, huh? It may not have been your intention but it just goes to show that the Bible covers most topics that have to do with self-development.

#97208 - 12/30/06 03:24 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

I can't believe the month is almost over. I have loved the opportunity to answer your questions and interact with you in this special way...we've all been busy with the holidays and now we're cleaning up the mess and looking forward to 2007.

I thought I would share my overall goals for my writing, radio show, coaching, speaking for 2007...

to impact at least 50,000 women this year

to reach #1 on Amazon for at least one day

to complete the next book "Putting Your Best Foot Forward"

to speak at one or more national women's conferences

Of course I have lots of other goals as I know all of you do and we're talking about them in a couple of other threads. Just wanted to put these 'out there'. I appreciate your support as they become reality!

I still have a couple of days to answer any questions you might have...or just to have a fun conversation...I'll be around this weekend.

Page 13 of 14 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved