The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 161 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97109 - 12/03/06 05:06 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: jawjaw]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Jane, how much time do you spend on writing and how much do you spend on promoting?
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#97110 - 12/03/06 05:29 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Noooo, JJ, we believe everything you say.

Of course I have a Bertha in me. I wish she'd show up more when pictures are taken...there's always that "older" lady in the way, hogging the camera.

#97111 - 12/04/06 03:00 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Edelweiss]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, you couldn't look any younger. I love your blonde hair, big eyes, and wide smile. You look great.

Jane, did you write as a kid? If so, what did you write?

I recall my friend and I writing plays. Then we'd get my sisters to act them out. Funny thing. About 5 years ago, I was cleaning out the attic (well not cleaning...just going through things)and I came across a casette tape of one of the plays. What a hoot. There was more giggling than anything else.

#97112 - 12/04/06 08:07 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse!
Edelweiss Offline

Dotsie, you're so sweet. But I got to tell you, that picture was taken about 5 years ago. Its amazing what transformations take place in just 5 years! Instead of updating I prefer to regress...like JJ. Maybe I'll exchange my photograph to one from my childhood...heh heh, then the baby years...and then to a 'thought'.

Hey, I miss your picture! I bet I'm speaking for everyone here. You sure don't need to be at the 'thought' stage Dotsie.

#97113 - 12/04/06 01:37 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Hello again from Georgia...a pit stop on my way to Orlando...

Vicki,

I write pretty much every day but it seems to be more about promoting and marketing than doing the edits on my next book. Allison hit that on the head when she said that we take our times with the first one and then it's a mad dash to write after that.

I did get a guided journal completed and it's at the printer's as I type. It has 10 Bertha stories and exercises for journaling to increase joy...Where the Joys Are: Bertha's Guided Journal.

Seems like I'm always in front of my computer doing something, even if it's spider solitaire!

I loved to write around starting around 7th grade. I wrote sappy and sometimes gory poems...too much Edgar Allen Poe at the time...and a few short stories of the same teenage drama queen genre. I remember a few of them but don't actually have copies of them. Wish I did.

I loved writing and all of literature in high school. Mother says I wanted to take journalism in college but she encouraged (she was paying) me to go with my original choice of nursing.

As a young married mother I didn't write much, just read a lot...you know the Maribell Morgan stuff of the 80's. But I always had the desire to write for me and to encourage others.

Hannelore, I agree you are beautiful and JJ those highlights in your hair sure got you looking younger!

#97114 - 12/04/06 01:39 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Oh, I'll try to check back in this afternoon and again in the morning. JJ's right, I do have a new laptop but my friends don't have internet at home...just at their cafe...I'm being forced to eat as I type...bacon, egg and cheese biscuit!

#97115 - 12/04/06 11:51 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Hey, where is everybody?

#97116 - 12/05/06 01:50 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Here I am! I had to eat. Lordy I love those Cedarlane frozen dinners! Wuhooo....

Now, I have two questions.

1) How did you get into speaking and teaching classes?

2) Do you have the "next" book already started? If so, will it be along the same lines? And I'm not talking about the journal.

#97117 - 12/05/06 02:31 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: jawjaw]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jane, I'd like to hear more about the journal. How are you publishing it? Thanks, Lynn

#97118 - 12/05/06 07:44 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Edelweiss Offline

Waving hand!! Hello Miss Author of the Month!
Do you have a set writing schedule like Allison? I think I'd try to write in the morning. I find there is a big difference in my concentration level between morning and night...and I need all those little concentration cells to be creative.
Could you tell us if any author has influenced you, and in which way?
Thank you.

Page 4 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved