The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 187 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97159 - 12/15/06 11:59 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Great point. I love that. It doesn't have to be a big deal to us to be a big deal to others. Girl, you need to get that saying on something and sell it.

I can't believe you are driving over a hundred miles to do this. WOW! Take lots of books. I bet you'll sell more, even thought I know that's not your intention.

#97160 - 12/15/06 03:42 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Yes, Jane, I think I will hire a transcription service next time! But whew! The CDs are recorded and they sound GOOD! Ya! Hoo! Just a couple of corrections this morning and then we are ready to rock and roll. I've pre-sold four of this product (CD & Workbook set on customer management (http://wisewomanshining.com/wisewomanbiz/SevenSecrets.htm)) and hope to sell lots more!

You sound really dedicated, Jane. So glad you are following your heart.

#97161 - 12/15/06 11:28 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Casey]
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Just received your book today and can't wait to get into it! Bertha has big feet, doesn't she?

Boomer Queen of Shoes

#97162 - 12/15/06 11:36 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Casey]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
I am so glad that I went. Miss Bertha was so surprised and obviously delighted! It was freaky how many similarities she has to my Bertha...she even belonged to a pink flamingo club at one time...

Casey,

Good for you! I checked out the site...looks great! Much success to you.

#97163 - 12/15/06 11:41 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dianne,

I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear what you think about it! Yeah, but she's got great legs!!!!!

#97164 - 12/18/06 12:39 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Good Morning Everyone,

I hope you all had a delightful weekend filled with the 4 F's...fun, food, family and friends!

But it's Monday morning and time to get back to work. Part (a huge part) of what I love about my new career is the flexibility to arrange my time. Working in nursing usually meant working the holidays...I worked 4 Christmas Days in a row!

This year I plan to work through Thursday when my daughter and her husband arrive and then start back on Tuesday. What about you ladies who also work from home? What kind of schedule are you giving yourself for the holidays?

It's easy to fall into that trap of...I have to work everyday, because if I don't work I don't make any money...but what I'm finding is that when I allow myself to play now and again...I just took a day to decorate and shop...the next day I had all these great ideas and they just flowed...it was so easy! So enjoy a few guilt free days off...you've earned them...and you'll be more productive when you get back!

#97165 - 12/18/06 02:40 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi Jane! I sent an email to all of my web clients that I would be closed Friday through Tuesday. Plus, I limited the amount of work I have to do this week, so I can finish my shopping and decorating.

My Rick and June biz should slow down a lot by mid-week - it's kind of funny watching all the orders come in from the male last-minute shoppers! So I should be able to relax and have fun with friends and family for 4-5 days! Wooohooo!

Kathy

#97166 - 12/18/06 04:27 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Kathy,

I know you have items other than the wonderful wicking sleepwear...what are they ordering? Will you be able to ship it all out for delivery before the day?

Enjoy your holidays!

#97167 - 12/18/06 05:09 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
The men are mostly ordering the jammas and sheets. It seems to be the ladies that buy the hot flash gifts for each other.

If they order by noon today, they'll have free priority mail shipping in time for Christmas. After that, it will be an additional $17 for Express mail - and only guaranteed if they do that by noon on Wednesday.

But I have a FUN new item coming in!! It's called "The Hot Flash Game" and I can't wait. I'll post about it when it arrives. Looks like a blast to play on girls night out.

#97168 - 12/18/06 05:54 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Dancing Dolphin]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, working from home and for ourselves definitely had rewards this time of year.

Have you considered writing non-fiction? I ask because so much of Bertha's advice is wise and could be written from a non-fiction perspective too.

Page 9 of 14 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved