The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14
Topic Options
#97209 - 12/30/06 10:24 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jane,
We have all benefited from your presence here and I personally want to thank you for sharing your wisdom. (Course, you know I taught her everything she knows...right?)

I have no doubt that you will accomplish your goals and wish you nothing but the very best in everything you do...

I just wanted to say that before you left the build--ah, forums, Elv---ah, I mean Jane....

Love ya, JJ

#97210 - 12/30/06 10:37 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: jawjaw]
Jane_Carroll Offline

JJ,

Thank you...and yes, you did teach me everything I know...well, except maybe that stuff I knew before I met you!

It has been an honor to be featured on the forum...my thanks to Dotsie and you and all the boomer sisters for your support!

#97211 - 12/31/06 03:57 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You've been a shining light of inspiration and joy, Jane. It was great having you all to ourselves. Thanks for being here. I wish you the best in all that you do and know that you will accomplish your goals for 2007.
Your Writing Coach
Writing Coach Blog

#97212 - 12/31/06 05:46 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Vicki M. Taylor]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Thank you Vicki. It has been such a delight to be here! And I wish for you and all of my boomer sisters a very prosperous New Year...whether you are writing or working 9-5 or enjoying a well-earned retirement or whatever you are doing...I hope you do it well and have a blast!

#97213 - 12/31/06 07:03 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Jane, you have lofty goals. You are making me think I should dream/do bigger. I remember my first "treasure map" which is a visualization board. I did it 20 years ago. I cut a teeny tiny ad for a microwave and put that on my poster board. Yup, that's what I wanted, a microwave. Since then I've learned to dream a bit bigger. I look forward to all the messages and posts we will share in the new year. Love and Light, Lynn

#97214 - 12/31/06 07:10 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Lynn,

Funny you mentioned the treasure map...I have my original one from 5 years ago that I have been updating over the years and was just thinking that it might be time for a whole new one...we'll see...I may just update it again...I'm really thinking about a house...I've been renting for over a year and I'm starting to want a place of my own again...bigger with more closets! In the meantime, I'll try to enjoy living right here...

#97215 - 12/31/06 09:58 PM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Are there any specific directions for making one? I've never done it. I'm a big one for writing things sown, but have never done a map. Any advice is welcome.

#97216 - 12/31/06 10:29 PM Re: Jane Carroll
Jane_Carroll Offline

Dotsie,

The way I've done them is to cut out pictures and words from magazines that represent things that I want and just paste them on poster board. One source recommended including pictures of yourself on the board so that your subconscious will recognize that it is for you. So I pictures of me and my girls on mine. I'll have to add Bailey, too!

Mine has things for the top 4 areas in life...relationships, spiritual, health and career/finances. But you can do one for just one area or one project. You can take photographs of things you want...like you sitting in the new car that you want...you can draw pictures...it really doesn't matter how you do it. Some people do notebooks instead of posters so they can take them with them. Some people create a treasure chest and put all the stuff in a decorative box.

The sky's the limit...be creative and have fun with it.

#97217 - 01/01/07 04:09 AM Re: Jane Carroll [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Well Ladies...

My reign as author of the month is officially coming to a close. It's 10:00 pm here in Alabama...but I know it's midnight somewhere...so I'm headed to bed.

My hope is that you have found some morsel from our time together that you can take away with you. I know that several of you purchased a copy of Bertha...I am very grateful and hope it will bring you as much pleasure as it did me to write it.

I just finished the monthly Bertha-Zine...I try to include a new Bertha story every month...sometimes it is challenging...but I do this as my gift back to my readers and friends. There's a link on the website, if you'd like to subscribe...I'd love to have you! There's also the blog, which I don't update as often as I would like...but it's fun when I do...again, I'd love for you to check it out. And don't forget the radio show...it's a nice blend of Bertha wisdom and interviews with experts from all walks of life...some of them you even know!

2007 is going to be a great year for all of us...let me know if I can help you in any way! Until then...find something to smile about every day...life is better when you're smiling!

Page 14 of 14 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved