The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 177 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#97099 - 12/03/06 12:58 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Jane, not to worry...my closet door is always closed. Trust me. Bertha wouldn't want to see that mess.

Great publisher to give you guidance with the media kit. What else has your publisher done for you?

#97100 - 12/03/06 01:06 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse!
Jane_Carroll Offline

Loc: Alabama
Ya'll can tell my cable is still out so I'm hanging out on the forum!

She's helped with marketing and coordinated some events. Currently we've formed a mastermind group with some of the authors to increase our sales.

She always sends out my press releases...what a help that is! And she is willing to edit anything that I'm sending out for marketing or articles, etc.

I think the biggest thing was when the book was first released and I took a booth at the Southern Women's Show in Birmingham. It was a 4 day event--long days standing on concrete and she sent someone to help me man the booth. That was such a big help.

By the way, Bertha can open doors if it means getting to shoes...she's really wanting to get into Dianne's closet...she's been reading the posts!

#97101 - 12/03/06 02:09 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
JJ, that is still expensive, isn't it? It's funny that your sisters look alike but you don't look anything like them! Jane, what's this about a master mind group? Can you tell us more?

#97102 - 12/03/06 02:21 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Princess Lenora]
Jane_Carroll Offline

It consists of 4 authors and our publisher. We're going to meet in person once a month and by phone weekly (or more or less with travel schedules, etc).

Basically we each decided on one marketing goal to work on over the next 6 months and discussed things we can do to reach those goals.

Each meeting we'll have a chance to tell about our progress and get feedback. and of course we can e-mail back and forth.

We are all different genres so there's no real 'competition' going on. I think it's going to be a really good thing.

Mastermind groups can be virtual and have proven success. I think Napoleon Hill first coined the phrase.

#97103 - 12/03/06 03:29 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

If some of you would like to check out some of the Bertha stories you can view the archived copies of the Bertha-Zine. Some are just the story of the month and some are the actual newsletter. I'm still learning about doing some of these things!

http://www.berthasize.com/wst_page2.html

#97104 - 12/03/06 05:33 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh contrair! I just registered for my insurance tonight with Blue Cross. I have to wait UP TO 60 DAYS (maybe) to see if I'm accepted, but I did apply. I hope it doesn't take that long. Anyway, for Lynnie or anyone wanting to checkout the coverage, go here:

https://www.bcbsal.org/index.cfm

Then click on the "Individual or Family Plan." That's for anyone who doesn't have insurance. My program is $274.00/month and it is just for me. A 2500.00/deductible a year. High, but if you think about it, if something major came along, it wouldn't be. And that's why I have it. Well, that and the prescription card.

#97105 - 12/03/06 08:12 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: jawjaw]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Hey! I got a new friend. What a delight Bertha is. I just had time to read one of the short stories. HA ha, gardening in high heels. Would you say this is your other you, Jane?
Sounds like you gals had a wonderful time! What a way to go...team spirit!

#97106 - 12/03/06 11:18 AM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Edelweiss]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Hannelore,

Bertha definitely is the other me...the one whose feet don't hurt when she wears high-heels! But more than that, I think she is the free spirit and wisdom in all of us...

Do you have a Bertha?

#97107 - 12/03/06 02:27 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
Jane_Carroll Offline

Hey Ladies,

Want to know how to send an author on a road trip?

Make them the feature author for NABBW! I'm off to visit friends and then on to see that beautiful granddaughter...

I'll check in again tonight or tomorrow...I'd love to have some questions waiting when I check in...

I should be able to check in at least once a day for the next couple of days and then once I'm at my daughter's it will be business as usual!

#97108 - 12/03/06 03:07 PM Re: Now THAT'S an Excuse! [Re: Jane_Carroll]
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Jane is not being honest. She got a new laptop and immediately started trying to think of somewhere she could travel to, hence; the road trip. I swear it. Would I lie?

Page 3 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved