The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 178 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#95919 - 11/22/06 08:33 AM My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Martha Stewart asked this question on Yahoo. She got over 2790 answers! Can't wait to read which one of those answers will win!
I submitted my story too.
I'll post it here, and if anyone else has a story it would be fun to read:

My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER!

We planned a Thanksgiving dinner for 24 people. Of course we had to buy a huge turkey. Well, no matter how we pushed and squeezed that damn fowl wouldn't fit into our oven.

Hubby to the rescue!

He was able to borrow a large stove from a cafeteria that was closed down. We picked the stove up with our trailer and placed it in the middle of our garage.

Wonderful; the turkey fit with space to spare. We had the best smelling garage for days.

…But now the worst comes:

Our guests were all seated, napkins on their laps, hand posed over their knives and forks.
Hubby and I were in the garage trying to get the turkey out of the oven. It was soooo heavy, and the tray was so greasy. Suddenly that gigantic, stuffed turkey slid off the tray, right between Hubby and myself, skid across the garage floor and landed with a squish in a puddle of car oil.

Want to know what we did?

We picked up the bird, placed it back in the pan, wiped it down with our aprons and served it.

It was delicious, and low and behold no one got sick. Hah!

#95920 - 11/22/06 09:54 AM Re: My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
THE THANKSGIVING BUFFET...
My new husband and I went to the farm to purchase a nice fat turkey our very first Thanksgiving in our new little home, we had been married seven months. The bird was put into the crate and then into the garage, my grandpa was coming over the morning before the big day to get it ready, dressed down. My Eddie was working 4:00 to 12:00, the night before the holiday so I went out to the garage to give the condemned his last meal. I let the bird out of the crate and spent hours in the garage, where Eddie found me when he got home at 1:00 a.m. The next day I made a few calls and when the relatives arrived on Thanksgiving day, each carried a dish for the buffet we shared, and everyone went outside to meet Oliver, my new pet. Oliver lived happily for many Thanksgivings after that and was a wonderful friend, and followed me like a puppy dog when I was out in the yard....No turkey was served that day. Thank God spaghetti and sausage and meatballs goes a long way .

Edited by chatty lady (11/22/06 10:02 AM)

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

#95921 - 11/22/06 01:51 PM Re: My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER! [Re: chatty lady]
Anno Offline

Loc: Minneapolis Minnesota
Great stories. And, alas, I have none to offer. All of my Thanksgiving dinners have turned out great. LOL - such a fantasy!

http://www.multiplesystematrophyandshy-drager.blogspot.com

#95922 - 11/22/06 11:18 PM Re: My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER! [Re: Anno]
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Oh Chatty, I love your story...and you!

(Maya Angelou)

#95923 - 11/23/06 01:30 AM Re: My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER! [Re: Eagle Heart]
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hannelore, may be that car oil gave it the juice it needed. So many of them are dry!

I once cooked a turkey upside down. It was the most moist turkey I've ever made.

#95924 - 11/23/06 07:14 PM Re: My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER!
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
Yes, Dotsie, I think I'll have our car oil bottled, and then sell it as a dressing; mmm, big time. After I posted this story, I realized that probably no one would ever come visit me now. Who knows what that crazy lady will serve for dinner!?

#95925 - 11/24/06 10:58 AM Re: My biggest Thanksgiving DISASTER! [Re: Edelweiss]
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Someone,I think it was Martha Stewart or maybe Emeril said, always cook a turkey, breasts down, and it will be juicier than any others you cooked breasts upward. Its true too!

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved